Recent content by HomeBody

1. HomeBody

All My Best

All My Best
  2. HomeBody

Pioneer CS-77A Tweeter Replacement

I have nice pair and both large tweeters (not horn) have their surrounds rotted. Whats a good replacement speaker?
  3. HomeBody

What music do you test your system with?

Miles Davis Portia, Jean-Pierre Steely Dan- anything Geo Gershwin's Summertime Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream and today, my goto test audio is Steely Dan's Plush TV Jazz-Rock Party (2000)
  4. HomeBody

Zenith Allegro 3000 Speakers

Thanks for the memories. I distinctly remember the Allegro series. Now you've given me a new mission- what a pal!
  5. HomeBody

Vintage contact cleaner seems to work better

I've used Hoppes #9 & Remington's RemOil for years now, both the drip and pinpoint spray. Both are a tough act to follow-
  6. HomeBody

What is your ideal audio format and why?

With age comes periods of laziness... Who doesn't like Vinyl....Who doesn't like Digital...
  7. HomeBody

A Poll For Your Age and Cost of Main System

Sansui Eight (Restored), Realistic 2000D, 2080...Mach Ones (4029), Bose 601, Teac 4300, LAB-395
  8. HomeBody

Got my Eight today.

Do try it...its the absolute fastest and easiest way to correct any illuminating issue. Lasts forever...as long as there is ample room for venting, its the only way to deal with lighting correction (from bright to dim that is)
  9. HomeBody

Help in choosing vintage receiver

Realistic STA-2300, 2100-D, 2080, 2000, 225-235, 90 Sansui Seven, Eight, Eight Deluxe, 6060 onward Pioneer SX-727, 828, 850- X80 onward Kenwoods, Technics, Yamahas, Panasonics Generally, Stay with any unit that will deliver 40watts minimum
  10. HomeBody

Bose 601 series 1

About 8 inches from a wall...do not place them in front of windows that are darning draperies.... The rear firing drivers need a solid surface to do their job correctly. I have a pair of 1stGen 601 and they were some of the smartest buys I ever laid my cash down for.
  11. HomeBody

Got my Eight today.

A couple of notebook paper squares can dim those meter lamps just right
  12. HomeBody

Sansui Face Plate Removal Kink-

That's better than my idea of grinding a socket!
  13. HomeBody

Got my Eight today.

I'd pay good money to know the approach you took to get to the fuse lamps! I had my faceplate off, and the graduated dial was glued down to a frame...I tried removing from behind the dial chassis but no room due to the radio gang box. Making me think I had to tear down the thread pulley system...
  14. HomeBody

Sansui Model Eight Dial Lamp Replacement

Anyone here ever replace dial lamps in a Sansui Eight before? What approach did you go or did you disassemble the tuning threads and pulleys. Even the gang box prevented me from accessing the bulb chassis.....and is the dial plate itself glass or plastic. Mine was glued down to a frame so I...
  15. HomeBody

Sansui Face Plate Removal Kink-

New thread coming-
Back
Top Bottom