Recent content by hoodsy

1. H

Audiosource Amp-100 Questions

Great, that will definitely help my search process..... any thoughts on pairs of speakers to go with this amp? mine are pretty old, and i'm going to be looking to upgrade soon. again, <200 bucks.
  2. H

Hey AVService, it seems like you are well experienced with this amplifier. Are there any preamps that you would recommend using with it? I have a budget of <200 dollars.
  3. H

Can anyone answer my question? You ARE able to run speakers A+B at the same time, but to do this would I need a preamp? Or would the audiosource amp100 be able to power both by itself?
  4. H

You are able to select both speakers A+B at the same time on the amp. Do I need a preamp to run 2 speakers at once or will the amp alone be sufficient to do this?
  5. H

I would like to try and figure out if this is really the case; I have a budget of <150 for a preamp, and with a preamp i should be able to power another pair of speakers right? Would it be possible to do this? Have a preamp to go with the Audiosource amp and get another pair of speakers?
  6. H

One more thing; the manual says "Red posts indicate positive and black posts indicate negative". Then in a diagram to the side, they have two wires into each red post, one displaying positive and one negative. In addition, underneath the posts, the image is a spectrum from positive one side to...
  7. H

Alright, thanks for all the info. Really glad that I asked haha. There is a set of binding posts (speaker A) with 4 connections, and a second set (speaker B) with 4, so I assume they are for the right and left speaker, each single speaker taking 2. With one set of speakers that is still...
  8. H

Ah I see, thanks for all the clarification, definitely very helpful. So for the mono setup, is that strictly ONE speaker? Or one PAIR of speakers? Also, any thoughts on whether a pre-amp would be worth it to go along with this amp? I'm currently using JBL P20 speakers.. Thanks for...
  9. H

Hey all, just wanted to know if someone could clarify a few things for me with regards to the above mentioned amp. It is possible to use speakers A and B together as long as they are at least 8 ohms, correct? Also, what are the uses of the output 2 (RCA)? I understand the two inputs...
  10. H

Sharp Microcomponent System (XL DH259) - How to upgrade or replace

Or Pioneer pdr 509 cdrw?
  11. H

Any thoughts on Sansui S-770, EPI Time/Energy Monitor 2, Boston Acoustis HD9 bookshelf and EPI 120 Epicure Audiophile Tower Speakers?
  12. H

Great, definitely sounds like a step in the right direction. I will be looking to be able to play from an ipod, computer, and if cheaply possible with that combo, CDs. I can't imagine that would be too hard to find, but does it bump the price up significantly? Thanks for the input!
  13. H

Hey all, I am a college student trying to maintain a budge of <250 dollars, but am looking to upgrade the system I have. I have a very basic understanding of how systems work, and was looking for some help in this process. My first question is, would I get more bang for my buck selling the...
Back
Top Bottom