Recent content by HowardK

1. H

Millett Uniamps

I built his 6b4g push pull amp using 2a3's and it is a great sounding amp as well. I am going to build his uniamps with 300B's when I can source some tubes, I already have the output transformers and input phase splitter transformers.
  2. H

Millett Uniamps

Thanks Yukon888.
  3. H

Millett Uniamps

Thanks zackthedog I was just getting around to responding but you beat me to it!
  4. H

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

Built by me. 5.6 cabs gen-1 audio nirvana super 15's They are easy to drive by tube amps I build and sound amazing.
  5. H

Millett Uniamps

Thanks! He was also very helpful when I emailed him question about this and that.
  6. H

Millett Uniamps

This is the second design of Millett's amps I have built and most say both designs have performed very good.
  7. H

Show us your flea-watts amps!

I haven't dressed the leads on the passives.
  8. H

Hand built by me, P Milletts design, Hammonds 302ax, 193J, 1615A. Those little Hammonds OPT do a great job for me. I purchased a pair of Sowter 5k 30 watt (7lbs each) Class A transformers that I hooked up to these amps and I didn't hear that big a difference to swap them out. I think I will try...
  9. H

2a3 push pull monos!
  10. H

SE 45 DIY Amp Question

Vishay wirewound .24r 3 watt. I guess wirewound are ok for dropping resistors. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  11. H

SE 45 DIY Amp Question

I use this for two heater supplies in a 45 stereo amp. I use two .25 dropping resistors per channel and two 49 ohm to form a center tap per channel.
  12. H

2A3 driver?

13. H

2A3 driver?

There is a schematic in a old rca book that has a 6sj7 driver, 6v6 triode strapped as phase splitter. It's uses semi fixed bias on Push Pull 2a3's that looked interesting! Has anybody seen that amplifier?
  14. H

2A3 driver?

Well people say that a 6f5 ain't got balls on paper but it damn sure sounds good right now as I type!
  15. H

6n23p DC'ed to 2a3

Cool, I read an interview were Gordon Rankin said he used the 6188 and 5691 to drive a 300b amplifier he sold. I verified that the average 6sl7's drive the JJ's to around 57ma, 6188's to 62-63ma and the 5691's to 66-67ma. All these tubes tested about the same mutual conductance on a tv7du.
Back
Top Bottom