Recent content by hrpuffnstuff

1. H

Magnavox CDB 500 Tray Won't Stay Open

I got mine from the auction site...just search for CDM4/19 CDM-4 Marantz Philips CD Turntable Player Tray Gear Wheel/Belts
  2. H

Why is everything so dark?

Related to the many comments about poor audio quality, It’s not just us, and we are not imagining the problem…it’s real https://www.slashfilm.com/673162/heres-why-movie-dialogue-has-gotten-more-difficult-to-understand-and-three-ways-to-fix-it/
  3. H

Anyone from Georgia?

I'm in Valdosta...I might have the record for furthest south in GA
  4. H

Looking for tech near S. Georgia

Winder??? I have never heard of it. But I have only lived in GA a few years. Thanks for the help in Mississippi, but I was hoping to find someone within driving distance (3 hrs). We have Moody Air Force Base here, you would think there would be some competent electronics gurus around, but I have...
  5. H

Looking for tech near S. Georgia

Does anyone have a recommendation for a tech in the N. Florida/S. Georgia area. I have some aging equipment that needs some attention. I regularly travel to Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Macon, Atlanta, and everywhere inbetween. If you know anyone, please let me know. Happy Holidays!
  6. H

Dads system from 'RISKY BUSINESS' Phase Linear?

I think the EQ is a realistic 31-2000
  7. H

nagaoka mp110 or shure m97xe or ??

Thanks for all who have provided information. At this point, I am leaning toward the Grado Blue2 and the Nagaoka MP-110. The Nag is readily available in the 125 range.
  8. H

So with the price increase for the Nagaoka MP 110, I'm curious if anyone knows how the MP-100 compares to the MP-110?
  9. H

It's so great to be part of this community. I'm absolutely overyjoyed with the willingness of people to share their expertise. Thank you all for taking the time to share!
  10. H

I'm thinking about upgrading to a new cartridge for my technics sl-1300 mk2 turntable. I'm currently using an audio technica at71. My budget is $125. I thought the nagaoka or shure would work for my needs but am wondering which is better. Or maybe there is something better than either of them...
  11. H

Technics sl-1300 mk2 counterweight

Awesome...thanks again!!
  12. H

Thank you so much...does that include the sl-1200mk2? The 1200 counterweights seem to be the only readily available.
  13. H

Hello. Does anyone know if another technics model’s counterweight is compatible with a Technics sl-1300 mk2? Does anyone know the official weight of the sl-1300 mk2 counterweight? I need a counterweight and want to make sure I get the right one. Thank you. Herb
  14. H

Tube Amplifier Questions--General and Technical

My volume pot has 6 terminals on the bottom and 2 on top. Here are some pictures of the pot.
  15. H

Tube Amplifier Questions--General and Technical

Thank you so much for the help. In looking at brass insert that is pressed into the plastic knob, I do not find that it was made for a knurled shaft. I am beginning to think the current pot is not original. If the pot is not original, then I suspect that a round shaft or D shaft would work as...
Back
Top Bottom