Recent content by Hufsredo

1. Hufsredo

Opinions on the Denon DP-60L?

I bought my DP 60L in 1982, great unit, the straight graphite tone arm is excellent, I'm using a Denon DL303 cartridge, Have not had any issues but every now and then I have to press the speed select button a few times to get it to start as if the contacts are dirty.
  2. Hufsredo

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Dusted off this old album "Linda Ronstadt, Canciones de mi Padre". What a voice! on the home built 286's
  3. Hufsredo

Found this forgotten old album and dusted it off, Babatunde Olatunji, "drums of passion" On my diy's
  4. Hufsredo

Your Favorite 8 inch 2-Way Speakers

Is the question an oxymoron?
  5. Hufsredo

A hidden gem, on home builts Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - Hymn of the Cherubim
  6. Hufsredo

When it comes to surge protectors...?

Yes they do, I use riding lawn mower type batteries wired together in series for 24v with 12 gauge wire. They last about 4 years.
  7. Hufsredo

When it comes to surge protectors...?

I use an APC 1400 va uninterruptible power supply with a large divorced battery pack. It's an old unit (about 20 years) but works well.
  8. Hufsredo

I kill my Rotel preamp with 220V ! F@$/*

Place yourself on report!
  9. Hufsredo

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

Home builts, 1982
  10. Hufsredo

You may have exceeded your supporting furniture's weight capacity.
  11. Hufsredo

Volume/attenuator position conventions

I have the 12db signal drops on the rca lines from cd to aux in, they bring the volume close to the FM level, ie... -30 db is about 90 db spl.
  12. Hufsredo

Acoustic Suspension Design - How tight is tight?

Iv'e had real world experience with this issue, Cabinet volume 10.2 cu ft internal, 2 15" CTS high compliance acoustic suspension woofers per cabinet (13mm x max) with an fs of 18hz, the thiel sheet calls for a 19.8 cu ft per woofer. These two woofers in a sealed cabinet were disappointing, the...
  13. Hufsredo

What does your semi- or full-automatic table do when the power fails?

It keeps running at least for a couple of hours until the UPS shuts down or the power comes back on.
  14. Hufsredo

Never heard this piece before, my butt came off the couch at the first touch of the digital drum, good thing I was only at 86 db spl.
  15. Hufsredo

Yo-Yo Ma — Bach Cello Suite No. 2 in D minor, Then suite 1 in G major. Soothes the sole.
Back
Top Bottom