Recent content by Hunted11

1. Hunted11

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Bought this at an estate sale about 3 weeks ago. Just finished getting it operational. Have new stylus on order and have a few out of tolerance resisters that need replacing. I also have to locate a 25 watt 70v line transformer as this is mono and is 70v line out.
  2. Hunted11

Have too many systems already. I have a Yamaha receiver connected to my desktop computer. I have a Harmon Kardon In my media room with a pair of scott speakers, Bozak mixer with 4 phono inputs. 3 TT's connected, a philips 312 with a shure m75, BIC 960 with a stanton 681EE, A Luxman PX-101...
  3. Hunted11

How long since the days of finding vintage stereos in thrift stores?

Around here we have a couple of guys that know someone that works at these thrift stores and all the good gear never makes it to the shelves.
  4. Hunted11

I had an ST 70 in high school. I don't remember why I got rid of it. It was a great sounding amp. I finally ended up with an MC 2100 which I still use today.
  5. Hunted11

I just picked up 4 technics TT. 2 belt drive, 2 direct drive. Not too bad of shape. Replaced belts, 1 stylus, and one cart. One of the belt drives was running extremely fast. Had to repair the motor control board. $1.49 for a transistor. They all sound very good. Now to sell off the 3 I...
  6. Hunted11

Variable Transformer Info

The lamp in the fuse cap may only illuminate if the fuse is defective. put the cap back on with no fuse and see if it lights.
  7. Hunted11

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

I have this Empire XL 15 that uses a metal clip. Here are a few pics of it.
  8. Hunted11

It tracks at about 4g and sounds pretty good. Have a new stylus in it and use it for 45's and older lp's.
  9. Hunted11

I am running an Empire 108 in a vintage Garrard Type A. Doesn't sound too bad. It's the original that my brother bought when he purchased this new.
  10. Hunted11

Bose 901 series 1 EQ question

I would try it on tape 1. I have a reciever that will not do a feed through on monitor 2. I am using it with an eq and I have to have the eq on tape 1.
  11. Hunted11

Philips GA312 cue issue

I am in no way affiliated with this seller, I hope this isn't against the rules. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224519399763 He has other kits, I felt for the money I would get the complete kit as mine was all original and I replaced them all including the belt
  12. Hunted11

Is there a discrepancy between the MC2100 service bulletin and the latest service manual?

I followed bulletin 044-980. Or you could call Mac and ask their techs.
  13. Hunted11

Philips GA312 cue issue

I believe if the lamp for the end of record has failed this is what you will get. Go here: https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/ register, it's free and go to the library and you can download the manuals for this TT. I just ordered a set of lamps for my 312 from the bay.
  14. Hunted11

Speaker ID. Possible 50's? Home made?

There are no connectors on the back of the cabinet. I would guess they had cords with RCA plugs on them to go to the amp. Probably a small table unit or small combo unit similar to the KLH record player/tuner combination.
  15. Hunted11

Backup generator transfer switch affecting sound quality?

@evsentry3 Both weight and physical size. They can drive a 12kw with a small 4cyl Kubota at low RPM.
Back
Top Bottom