Recent content by Hutch77

1. H

Anyone Old Enough to Remember TV/FM Stereo Radio Simulcast?

I seem to recall watching/listening (on PBS TV and radio) to Roy Orbison/Black and White Night, backed up by Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther, Bonnie Raitt, K.D. Lang and others. I think it was recorded in a club setting around 1987. It was a fantastic performance.
  2. H

Post your Sunset & Sunrise pictures

That was from our deck at Sunset Bay Villas, which are 2-3 blocks south of the old bridge location. I don't think I've seen the doggy station.
  3. H

Who here still home records cassette tapes from vinyl?

I've been enjoying recording onto cassette tape for about 5 years now. Like you, I'm retired now as well and I have the time to enjoy the whole process. I started picking up some vintage stereo gear shortly before I retired. My main system right now includes a Pioneer SX-850, Technics...
  4. H

Hola, Hello, Guten tag, from central PA, USA!

Nice to see someone else from central PA. I'm about 2 miles east of downtown Hershey.
  5. H

Changing tastes.. things I’ve noticed about jazz and Me

I was a typical 60's-70's pop/rock listener for most of my life (I'm now 62 years old). After taking an interest in vintage stereo gear about 5 years ago, I was able to assemble a nice mid-level system (or two!). Then I somehow discovered an FM radio station out of Temple University in...
  6. H

Post your Sunset & Sunrise pictures

Chincoteague Island, VA sunset taken from the deck at our vacation rental. One of our favorite places.
  7. H

Spring Carlisle...

I live not far from Carlisle, but won't be able to attend. Apparently the PA Department of Health has filed suit against the show organizers. Could get interesting...
  8. H

Show your Bicycle !

Thanks! I agree. I had it out for the first real ride over the weekend and was amazed at how smooth it is.
  9. H

Show your Bicycle !

Here is my vintage 1974 Schwinn Le Tour. For the first few years, this model was manufactured for Schwinn by Panasonic in Japan. I just bought it a few months ago. It was in really nice condition, just needed a little cleaning and polishing. The frame has a few minor scuffs and scratches. I...
  10. H

Is Central Pa represented here??

I’m in the Hershey area.
  11. H

Sansui 4000 low volume right speaker in stereo mode

I experienced the same problem recently with my Sansui 4000 that I just bought. My problem turned out to be one of the RCA jacks from the turntable. It apparently wasn’t quite snug enough so I gave the outer “fingers” a squeeze, plugged it back into the receiver with a little twist and problem...
  12. H

Sequerra Speakers

I recently acquired a pair of Met 7s along with a single Met 8, all in excellent condition. The owner of the vintage audio shop I frequent , who is an excellent technician, suggested we take a listen to them. My 60-year old ears aren’t what they used to be, but I think they sound great...
  13. H

Sx-1010 service in the NE. Md to NY ?

I'll also give a nod to Retro Addicts in York. They do nice work. I have had repair work done there and have also purchased some very nice vintage gear from them as well.
  14. H

Hi from Hershey, PA

Hello neighbor. I'm just down the road in Palmyra and also fairly new to vintage audio, but thoroughly enjoying it. Recently acquired a restored Pioneer SX-850 and have it paired with a nice PL-518.
  15. H

Hello from Hershey, PA

Hello SmithWesson. This is actually my first post. I live in the Hershey area as well. Looks like south-central Pennsylvania is well represented here. I joined a few months ago and have been doing a lot of reading. A wealth of information is available here from a lot of good, knowledgeable people.
Back
Top Bottom