Recent content by HypnoToad

1. HypnoToad

La Scala Data for Serious Restorations

Nice setup, I'm jealous. :banana:
  2. HypnoToad

Tannoy Monitor Royal (HPD 315)

They look great, I would love to get a pair of Tannoy's, they go for big $$$ here in Australia, nice pair of Arden's for sale locally at the moment for 5k, or in other words my wife would kill me money.
  3. HypnoToad

Not a fan of Sanfansui

Yeah you are right. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth alright that someone can be that deceptive with them knowing that you would not be happy with it, something I would expect on Ebay or C/L not from someone on Barter Town.
  4. HypnoToad

Just picked up a Topping D50s on Barter Town - having an issue

I have a Topping D30 shipped from China and hated the fact the wallwart came with one of those crappy adapter plugs, had a modem I stopped using, the wallwart powering it had the same output voltage and slightly higher capacity with the right plug for Australia, works a treat, no noise at all.
  5. HypnoToad

Decent Inexpensive DAC

Don't you love Linux, years ago I got a Topping D30 and futzed around with Windows for ages trying to get it to work right but the play would pause all the time and stutter, so I installed Ubuntu 18.04 it recognized it and voila everything worked fine and sounded great. Listening to it as I type...
  6. HypnoToad

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

I wonder how many of these have been built world wide, who knew when this project first started it would take off like it did? Sachin must have built hundreds himself, without his dedication it probably would have fizzled out by now. :thumbsup:
  7. HypnoToad

JBL L65 Goodwill find , woofer foam.

You didn't buy them you stole them legally, the goodwill folks had no idea, congratulations. If I had snagged them I would restore them and sit back and enjoy, basking in my smugness. Lucky the woofers haven't been replaced with some cheap car ones.
  8. HypnoToad

Official AK fishing thread

I think he means the wiring "loom".
  9. HypnoToad

Tried our luck yesterday at the local river, using chicken with minced garlic on it, after around ten minutes one of the rods nearly took off into the river. I grabbed it and the fight was on, this was no perch, trout or even a carp. It was pulling like mad and at times felt like I was snagged...
  10. HypnoToad

Things I hate

Very similar, except we don't have the circular type tracks NASCAR has. They used to be called touring cars but now are called supercars, the main race of the year is Bathurst, 161 laps of a twisting winding track over the top of Mt Panorama takes around 6 hours. There is 'conrod straight'...
  11. HypnoToad

Things I hate

I really miss that here in Australia, in touring car racing now it's either the Ford Mustang or the Chev Camaro, which are just the bodies now, nearly every part is changed out. Used to be a rule that touring cars had to have sold so many and not be significantly different to what's sold at the...
  12. HypnoToad

Webb Telescope - astronomers of the world are going to like this!!!

I didn't at first but do now, don't you hate that. Wikipedia has a good history and images on it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Webb_Space_Telescope
  13. HypnoToad

Webb Telescope - astronomers of the world are going to like this!!!

Watched a documentary last night on the Webb Telescope and how long, how hard and how expensive it was to build, after seeing the images it sends back it was well worth it. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/23/science/james-webb-telescope-jupiter-galaxies.html
  14. HypnoToad

I'm stocked up on lures now, mainly soft plastics and crankbaits, just have to catch some fish with them. :)
Back
Top Bottom