Recent content by IBDave

1. IBDave

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

No picture but last cat i caught knapping on sx1050 unwillingly performed a perfect triple lindy landing on all fours.
  2. IBDave

Has this happened to you?

I bought some polk monitor 11 s they worked great at sellers home but after getting the behemoths home discovered two of the magnets had shifted binding the voice coil
  3. IBDave

The say if the NS is followed with A stay away i suspect they lacked in the bass department
  4. IBDave

I recieved some JBL4411"s kinda beat up and dirty but price was right.I got them home excited to see how they compare to some JBL 4410a i have.They were terrible so i removed the speakers from one and low and behold the woofer had a stamped basket marked sc80698 taiwan oops these speakers were...
  5. IBDave

Question about sony seq 50 equalizer

Anyone know the diffrence between the black and the silver seq 50?
  6. IBDave

Van Halen better with Roth or Hagar?

Roth with Van Halen for sure. Hagar kicked ass with Montrose
  7. IBDave

Sx 939 weak channel

Yes needs some lights replaced but both channels sound equal i have a sx1050 that started making loud popping noise.There is a guy on ebay selling restore kit with parts known to fail have you seen it?I have considered giving it a try what you think? Dave
  8. IBDave

Sx 939 weak channel

Thanks John I bought some deoxit d5 and it worked the stuff is magic.The sx939 sounds amazing hooked up to jbl 4410a.
  9. IBDave

Sx 939 weak channel

Thanks for reply John I think I will get some deoxit I checked the dc offset and got 2.8 one side 7.2 on other but I don't know how to adjust I got $30 into it wanted to do some preventive maintenance i have a few vintage receivers that quit working
  10. IBDave

Sx 939 weak channel

I just picked up a sx939 got a great deal.One channel sounds weak and I also noticed the filter caps are bulging on top.The receiver is very clean and I don't want to damage it any further.does anyone know a tech in the SF bay area I included some pictures
  11. IBDave

Help identifying thriftstore find

thanks rvatfhunter
  12. IBDave

Help identifying thriftstore find

I picked these up for $15 today i removed the back and took some pictures.they look similar to some acoustic response pict i have seen but hard to tell
  13. IBDave

Gettin in deeper

Thanks Bucky I can see the potential for trouble.I will see what the wife says when I bring home the sx1050 and polk monitor 11s tomorrow
  14. IBDave

to good to pass up?

thanks for the reply Jim im sorry they are switches 9 total power,tape,etc only the loudness swich has one and it is hex shaped maybe not original?
  15. IBDave

to good to pass up?

A friend has a sx 1050 in working condition but missing some small hex shaped knobs and kicks and scrapes on wood case also I believe they are polk monitor 11s they need serious cleaning .The cabinet is not veneer but 1/2 oak with some scratches.The speakers sound very good.He said give me...
Back
Top Bottom