Recent content by IBSO52

1. IBSO52

Pioneer SX-750

I did it myself used some scrap walnut I had laying around to make the new case
  2. IBSO52

Pioneer SX-750

I finally got some time to work on my 750. The case was in bad shape as you can see from previous pictures so I decided to try and build one. Decided to use Walnut and still need to poly it. My next step is to try repaint the metal grate / vent as it has some rust. @Jibe01 @rkgren1
  3. IBSO52

Pioneer SX-750

I purchased a lot awhile back and finally got around to taking some pictures and cleaning up the 750. It's pretty dirty but other than that plays nice and just needs a little TLC. The case isn't in the best of shape. I think I'm going to try and build a new case tomorrow.
  4. IBSO52

Pioneer SX-680

@Ricktptman, the 680 is nice and I really like it. I have a few sx models and I swear the 680 plays just as loud as my 750, 880 and close to my 1050. It's a nice little receiver and don't think I will be able to part with it.
  5. IBSO52

Pioneer SX-680

Haha, funny you say that. That is the first thing my wife said to me after I was proud I got it cleaned up and playing. I'm going to have to take some pledge to it but then not sure what I'm going to do with it. Might keep it in my shop but not sure to be honest. Again thanks everyone for...
  6. IBSO52

Hello from Lancaster, or Philly, or - elsewhere in PA...any interest???

I'm getting ready to add a turntable to my 1050 so starting to get a collection together. Does anyone have any R&B or Hip-Hop vinyls they want to part with?
  7. IBSO52

Pioneer SX-680

I finally got around to cleaning the buttons and knobs again and got it all back together. It almost looks brand new and plays even better. Thanks everyone for the advice while working on this unit. Attached are some finished photos and some of the unit when I first got it.
  8. IBSO52

HELP! I need advice on changing a power cord on a Pioneer SX 750

@toxcrusadr, power cord got ran over by the vacuum cleaner. It has electrical tape over it now and works fine but want to make it look better. Are there any tutorials on how to solder the power cord?
  9. IBSO52

I didn't take off the bottoms cover because I wanted to know what I was getting myself into first. To me the power cord seems connected through the over hang on the back of the receiver. I've taken off both top and bottoms cover but not on this one because I wanted to learn before I get in...
  10. IBSO52

Can a novice do this ? Or should I leave it to a professional? It looks like I will have to take the whole piece off. Do this mean I have to remove the speaker terminals, inputs and AC outlet ?
  11. IBSO52

Pioneer SX-680

I finally got around to polishing the push buttons. I'm going to polish them a little bit more but they look pretty good. Attached are some before and afters, the blue magic works really well.
  12. IBSO52

Kenwood JL-504 Speakers

If they are worth keeping or do I let them go to and get another pair?
  13. IBSO52

Kenwood JL-504 Speakers

I recently inherited these speakers. I don't know much about them but they sound pretty good. Does anyone know about these speakers? Any information would be appreciated.
  14. IBSO52

Pioneer SX 50 vs SX 80 Series

@SaturationPt, do all the 80s series models deal with the output power pack problems?
  15. IBSO52

Need speaker advice for my Pioneer SX 1050

@z-adamson, no real preference and to be honest don't really know the difference.
Back
Top Bottom