Recent content by IgniFerroque

1. IgniFerroque

Recap Questions

Yes they do, I had it in my mind that gold was 1% for some reason :oops:
  2. IgniFerroque

Recap Questions

thanks, for the link, but there are no 220 ohm listed?
  3. IgniFerroque

Recap Questions

It doesn't look like digikey actually has any "metal oxide" film resistors with a 1% tolerance for here (unless I'm searching wrong). The ones I'm looking at are "metal film" and not "carbon film" if that makes a difference...
  4. IgniFerroque

Recap Questions

I think this is right answer, the board is discolored here, looking a little baked. I think smaller capacitors and more air is certainly a good idea but is there anything else anyone could recommend? I measured those resistors right there and one is dead on, but the other is out of spec so I'm...
  5. IgniFerroque

Recap Questions

Ahh, I wonder what this corner of the board is then? Unfortunately Niles doesn't release schematics from what I hear. I certainly haven't been able to find one and probably couldn't read it if I could find one. The manual has a copyright date of 2005 which seems about right to me. It's not too old.
  6. IgniFerroque

Recap Questions

I mentioned what I think is glue on the other capacitors but the stuff here looks nasty and gross. I do wonder if it is a heat issue. Is this where the power comes in? With more light: The board: We're looking at the upper left corner here. The AC goes into the big white thing and then...
  7. IgniFerroque

Recap Questions

I recently bought a Niles SI-275 which I ended up getting for free after the shipper packaged it inadequately and it was damaged during shipping. It works fine, but while poking around to find what it would take to repair the structural damage I also found some leaking capacitors on the board...
  8. IgniFerroque

Speaker Terminals Pushed In During Shipping

I did find the missing part rattling around in the case, so maybe gluing together is an option. I don't feel confident that it will hold, but I don't really know my glues.
  9. IgniFerroque

Speaker Terminals Pushed In During Shipping

I bought a Niles SI-275 on ebay and the seller did a terrible job packing. It was damaged so I got a a refund, but I'm hoping I can fix this up. I've verified that it works. The speaker terminals stick out so they got pushed in by the box at some point and broke the plastic clips on the inside...
  10. IgniFerroque

SL-1700 mk2 shipping damage :(

Good News: I got a free Technics SL-1700 mk2 Bad News: because the ebay seller shipped it loose in a box without a scrap of packaging and without the tonearm secured Good News: The platter didn't come loose and still spins quietly at the right speed. Bad News: The tonearm makes a creaking noise...
  11. IgniFerroque

SL-1700 MK2 Owners Manual?

Got it! Thanks! I'll see if I can put it up somewhere.
  12. IgniFerroque

SL-1700 MK2 Owners Manual?

Hi all, I have an incoming Technics SL-1700 mk2 and had some questions I was hoping to find the answers to in the owners manual, but I can't seem to find it online. Except, of course, on Vinyl Engine, from where I can't download it because apparently my account was deleted. Can someone please...
  13. IgniFerroque

Help Identify my Cartridge?

I've got a pretty inexpensive pieced together system: an Optonica SM-7305 integrated amp, Boston Acoustics A60s, and the Technics SL-Q2 turntable. I listen to rock, jazz, and classical on old hand me down vinyl. I suspect that the best bang for my buck is probably on a record cleaner. A stylus...
  14. IgniFerroque

Interesting. Is it really worth it to spend 3x the cost of the cartridge on a stylus upgrade vs buying a different cartridge? I guess a replacement stylus is already 75% of the cartridge price so perhaps that's where most of the value is. (I am a turntable neophyte.)
  15. IgniFerroque

Thank you both for the help. It looks like that cart is somehow more compatible with a lighter tone arm like that on the Thorens so I won't bother try to move it over.
Back
Top Bottom