Recent content by iKokomo

1. I

Need Help with Denon AVR-2312CI Receiver: Front Speakers Intermittently Cut Out – Any Advice?

Occasionally and seemingly at random, while using my Denon AVR-2312CI , I hear a clicking sound (similar to the sound it makes when turning on or switching channels), and the front left and right speakers stop functioning. After some time, also randomly, I hear the same clicking sound again, and...
  2. I

Where to find a replacement Spindle/Take-Up Reel/Pin to repair my Denon DRR-M30? *Pictures

Long story short, one of the Spindle/Take-Up Reel/Pins (I am not sure of the technical term, please see pictures) has cracked and only intermittently turns the cassette. So sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My unit is a Denon DRR-M30. I would like to replace this one piece, however, I...
  3. I

I am looking for a Good, Beginner smaller form-factor cassette deck.

Ah! That sounds good! Thanks! :)
  4. I

I am looking for a Good, Beginner smaller form-factor cassette deck.

I just got a bunch of free cassettes and I would love to be able to play them. I have a vintage/basic Realistic STA-76 I got from a thrift store and I would like to be able to plug a cassette deck into it. The issue is, we live in a small"ish" place and space is key (as well as money, haha)...
  5. I

How to use a soundbar with a Rear-Mounted Projector (weird room setup)

We live in a small apartment and unfortunately, a full surround does not really work in our situation. I was just wondering how to use a soundbar with my projector. The reason I ask is the projector (and components like PS4 and Xbox) are in the back of the room, but the soundbar (and all...
  6. I

Grounding Issue with ADC Linear Tracking Turntable (connected to Fosi Audio Box X2)

Hmmm, ok so update! :) So I took it apart and it seems that whenever I touch the tonearm or the wires that run from the tonearm into the circuit board on the inside, the humming intensifies a lot. The humming still occurs if I do not have it plugged in, so I do not think it is a power supply...
  7. I

Grounding Issue with ADC Linear Tracking Turntable (connected to Fosi Audio Box X2)

I just got an ADC LT 32 Linear Tracking Turntable from a thrift store super cheap. I replaced the belt and stylus, however, whenever I hook this up to the amp, there is a humming sound in the speakers. I have attached the ground to the amp, and it cuts the sound in half, but it is still fairly...
  8. I

History on these brand new thrifted Realistic Futura Speakers?

I saw these Realistic (Radio Shack) branded Futura Speakers that seem to be brand new in the box. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the history of these? I know that the brand is not the best, but they looked interesting. :)
  9. I

How to find a repair shop to repair vintage Sampson Reel to Reel Deck?

I found my grandpa's old Sampson reel to reel deck. When I plug it in, there is no "magic smoke" or any weird sounds. It seems to power up just fine. However, whenever I press play, the tape reel or tape hub either doesn't move or (when touched) moves extremely slowly and then freezes up. I...
  10. I

What to do with Organ Tube Find? 44ish Tubes (untested)

I was given 44ish Conn Organ tubes from an old organ. I have not tested any of these. I was just wondering what to do with them? Should I sell them "as-is" how to I find someone to test these to see if they work? Are they even worth selling/keeping? :) Thanks!
  11. I

Is my Bose Wave Music System 3 Disc Multi CD Changer Accessory working? *video

I just got a three-disk Bose Wave Music System 3 Disc Multi-CD Changer Accessory. I do not own a Wave System to fully test this out. I know that these can be sold for good money, especially if it works, so I was wondering if this unit is functioning? Whenever I plug it in the wall it makes a...
  12. I

Cheaper, Used native 1080p or 720p projector on a budget

Quick question, I can get a brand new, cheaper Chinese branded Excelvan Q7 which is stated to be a native 720p. As stated before, I am only keeping this for a year until we move and I get a much better 4k one. Is the Excelvan Q7 (or equivalent) native 720p projector, be a suitable replacement...
  13. I

LG HW300T Projector with dead inputs

Thanks! EDIT: I did get the VGA port to work, but the HDMI still does not work
  14. I

LG HW300T Projector with dead inputs

I have used my LG HW300T Projector for years and it has worked fine. However, about two months ago the HDMI port refuses to work. The VGA port does work The projector itself powers on and the projected image is fine, the built-in "smart" functions work as they should, the built-in USB port...
  15. I

Cheaper, Used native 1080p or 720p projector on a budget

Thank you. Used is probably the way I will go. My previous one was a cheaper, slightly less than 720p, therefore if I can spend less than 175, I can live with it for the next year until we move and I get my 4K.
Back
Top Bottom