Recent content by Ikura

1. Ikura

Pioneer PL-400 Slows Every 9-11 Seconds

Thank you, I cleaned them both, it did not work. Of course I opened it up without a manaul to see there there were 2 parts on the top that have to go into the bottom while you are closing the two pieces and that space is SO small for my too see if I did it correctly. So now Start/Cut does not...
  2. Ikura

Pioneer PL-400 Slows Every 9-11 Seconds

Hello, I have a PL-400 turntable that slows down enought to notice. It happens every 9-11 seconds, please fine between slow downs. When I watch the red lights in the front window the slow down occurs when they red dots move from right to left. I cleaned this window and used an air gun on...
  3. Ikura

Boomboxes and Ghettoblasters

So the gears are not replaceable or easy to come by as belts are? What would the value be if I assume the tape drives are dead? Maybe I can get him down a bit in cost being it’s not a belt that can fix it....
  4. Ikura

Boomboxes and Ghettoblasters

Hello all, there is a Magnavox MDHQ D8300 in my area i am interested in. Users says forward and rewind work but when Play is pressed the tape gets eaten. Claims this happens on both tape decks. I have swapped out belts before an old pioneer tape deck so I am not afraid to open it up. 1). How...
  5. Ikura

What is this Pioneer setup worth?

Thank you all for the help. I have never recapped a piece before so I would most likely not do it as well as someone else would like and probably hurt the resale value. All units are clean in the inside and in very ice condition on he outside, as they stand I don’t personally feel they need...
  6. Ikura

What is this Pioneer setup worth?

Hi all, It includes the following: TX-608 SA-708 DT-400 CT-F750 PL-400 All pieces work fine. Nothing wrong with anything I have found except the second digit on the clock, the middle line sometimes flickers, in the picture below it’s the middle line on the number three which I could not get...
  7. Ikura

Thoughts on a Pioneer SX-424

Fired up the pioneer tt, bad stylus. Ordered a new one. Will need to wait to a few days to spin records. FM will have to do until then. All automated features seem to work as is. Belt seems fine but won’t be sure until we test speed and sound when stylus comes in. So far it’s 60.00 well...
  8. Ikura

Thoughts on a Pioneer SX-424

I picked up a pair of klipsch speakers for Christmas for myself. Running them on a Kenwood 4140 in the bedroom with a Realistic TT. I will try the Pioneer 424 again to see if I like it but it did not last long before the Kenwood replaced it. Much milder sounding to my ears even at higher...
  9. Ikura

Scott 382-B FM Reception Issue

Yes, I knew the answer to that, waiting to new bulbs. It’s the FM issue I was hoping to hear about.
  10. Ikura

Scott 382-B FM Reception Issue

Hello all, I have a Scott 382 receiver that is having a FM reception issue. Aux plays iPad songs just fine, no issue, antenna hooked up to AM plays the one or two stations I can receive fine, normal volume, no issues. When I hook up an antenna to the FM screw on the back I get VERY little...
  11. Ikura

SCOTT 382-B Receiver and KLH Model Twenty-Three Speakers

Another question, what could cause the FM to play very low and not come in as well as I usuallly get with other receivers in the same place in a room? There is no antenna on this unit so I attached the same wire I have used in the past for other unit. The AUX plays fine, normal sound and...
  12. Ikura

Any thoughts as to why the meter might not be working? The connections look fine, soldering looks good... Also there seems to be a pot right in the middle of the unit with a white plastic piece on the bottom of maybe holding it in place. I checked the service manual and could not find it in...
  13. Ikura

Thanks, there were a bunch of links for recapping I liked the one below. Have never soldered before, may need to try my hand at it on something else to practice. So should I listen to the speakers awhile to see if something sounds off or is it just a good rule of thumb to recap since the...
  14. Ikura

Hi All, While perusing my new favorite spot, FB Market Place, I came across a TT for sale. In the description it said "also have receiver and speakers headed for dump if no one wants them". I checked into it and ended up being home a Scott 382-B Receiver and KLH Model Twenty-Three Speakers...
  15. Ikura

Sansui 7070 found at dump

Done. Hooked her up and fired her up. Sounds freaking sweet, listening to Billy Joel and Luke Bryon first. From dump to desk in a month. Now to play her a while and see if she stays or goes. I have some how accumulated 9 receives in just over a year. May need to get that number down to 4...
Back
Top Bottom