The Past is Alive
http://nyarlathotep33.free.fr/hfr/TenAudioLies.pdf Nov 3, 2017
The Past Is Alive
"Almost any vintage turntable is preferable and a better deal." - hakaplan [source]
1. The pressing matters. I experienced this directly with various Led Zeppelin II pressings (vinyl), but 20+ years ago I heard significant differences between record club cassettes (BMG) and OEM releases.
2. I'm not an audio enthusiest, just a guy who wants awesome playback for the next 30+ years. Special thanks to osageaudio:
3. I can enjoy LP playback w/o the turntable in view. That's how we have it set up here. It rocks!
4. Spending out of your comfort zone can be distracting and can compel the user to listen to vinyl. Not something I want to do.
5. Technics Broadcast phono equipment is nuts. Amazing engineering and build quality.
6. Compact discs and acrylic dust covers are fine with me. I actually stopped playing LPs for about 5 weeks due to depression (my brother's divorce).
7. Anti-snake oil arguments can come from tin-eared types. Sad but true.
8. I can enjoy a $25 stylus on a broadcast system as much as a pimped 1200 w/at150mlx cart
Glad to have helped!! And you have a great week as well!
Your links are incredibly true. Thanks for making me feel "special" because I knew about this all along! You are one sensible person!
Separate names with a comma.