Recent content by imdocjas

1. imdocjas

Got me a new turntable today

yeah, though i would personally consider the fluid damper to be the single most important upgrade, conversely i think maybe i have underestimated the potential benefit of upgrading the feet, since they are part of the upgrades offered by companies such as Funk Firm. the Mnpctech feet are a...
  2. imdocjas

just now catching up with this thread, and while i totally respect the choices of the OP, from my humble perspective without the tonearm damper you won't realize the full potential of this (and similar) Technics tables. i had a WT Simplex, as well as a modded Systemdek IIX with Audio...
  3. imdocjas

my cell phone is calling my phono stage?

appreciate all replies and input, i guess my post was essentially a PSA for anyone experiencing a similar system gremlin or poltergeist, and like me, unaware that a cell phone could cause legit system interference. easy fix! and there was nothing wrong with the Belles phono stage, i did the...
  4. imdocjas

my cell phone is calling my phono stage?

but seriously, anyone else experiencing cell phone interference like this? i had noticed a ticking/popping/pulsing/oscillating noise from time to time that seemed to be emanating from the phono stage. i thought maybe it was a loose connection, or an internal fault, with my having messed...
  5. imdocjas

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

spinning the Little Feat discography the last couple of days
  6. imdocjas

Best TT for under $2,500?

well tempered simplex 2
  7. imdocjas

+1 on the KAB. and can i ask for specifics on the upgrade feet?
  8. imdocjas

Systemdek IIX and popping sound

glad to see the problem was resolved! the IIX is a fine, well designed overachiever of a TT, i enjoyed mine for years. very amenable to mods and upgrades
  9. imdocjas

Sonny Rollins. Way Out West

way out west is an amazing, prized record
  10. imdocjas

Rega Planar 3 vs AR EB101 vs Rotel RP-850 vs SYSTEMDEK IIX

+1 for the Sdek IIX, i had a mildly modded one with Linn Akito2 that i ran along side a WT Simplex 1. it took a Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0 to bring it up to the level of the Well Tempered, and was a super nice, slightly euphonic alternative to the more neutral WT. I'd own another for sure...
  11. imdocjas

Windbell Low-output Moving Coil carts

the first MC100 Mk2 audibly distorted during challenging passages, which the seller attributed to a "bad grind" (of the stylus) the second delivered the musical goods but was vexed by an intermittent and unpredicatable "popping" sound from the L channel. this is the fault that i also read...
  12. imdocjas

Windbell Low-output Moving Coil carts

so, there are some other threads that address these carts, but IIRC they went a bit off topic search function offline, so decided to chime in after months of experience with them (both the MC100 Mk2 and the Windbell Mono) to the point: they are just freaking great budget moving coils with one...
  13. imdocjas

Belles Aria Integrated Amp

Going slightly off topic, and pursuant to my most recent post, pairing a Belles Aria preamp with a McCormack DNA 125 has resulted in a nice leap forward in performance driving the ATCs
  14. imdocjas

Best budget cartridge between $100-$300?

Vessel A3SE, it has options for future stylus upgrade but is a great $99 cartridge in its own right
  15. imdocjas

Triangle Borea BRO3

wondering if anyone has checked out the internals, crossover etc.?
Back
Top Bottom