2. Indiana Drew

Luxman MB 3045s

Thanks for the info. Helpful!
  3. Indiana Drew

Luxman MB 3045 Tube Question

Thank you
  4. Indiana Drew

Luxman MB 3045s

Thanks - I have read your posts and they were very helpful. They are the reason I was questioning the JJ EL 509. The latest model tube amp I have is likely an MC225 or maybe one of my MC240 (late production model) so I really have never heard anything in tube newer.
  5. Indiana Drew

Luxman MB 3045s

Have not heard them as they are in Little Rock and I am in Houston. The guy that wants to swap says they sound great, but I have no independent confirmation. I’ve sold him and a friend of his equipment in the past. Without being able to take them to a tech who knows the amp, I can’t answer your...
  6. Indiana Drew

Luxman MB 3045s

I have a friend interested in trading a pair of MB 3045s for one of my restored McIntosh MC240s. I understand that there is a fairly common mod that allows KT88s to be used in place of the original 8045Gs. The pair in question however have EL 509S tubes. Not sure how mods like this effect value...
  7. Indiana Drew

Thank you - wish I had more room for gear. At about 50 watts, the speakers I use are plenty efficient ... just don’t know that I need anymore gear ... time to go to Dollars and Sense to see what folks over there have to add!
  8. Indiana Drew

Thanks for the info on the tube and thoughts on approach. I gather the tube is similar enough that the character of the sound would remain true to original sound? Also edited the original post - interested in comparitave, subjective info from anyone familiar with Luxman and Mc tube sound ...
  9. Indiana Drew

I have a friend interested in trading a pair of MB 3045s for one of my restored McIntosh MC240s. I understand that there is a fairly common mod that allows KT88s to be used in place of the original 8045Gs. The pair in question however have EL 509S tubes. My local Mc tech who is not very familiar...
  10. Indiana Drew

McIntosh Repair - Save On Sound - Houston Texas

Joe, Have you taken other pieces to Tom Tran/Save On Sound since your 2500?
  11. MC225 Front Right

MC225 Front Right

12. MC225 Front Left

MC225 Front Left

13. MC225 Top

MC225 Top

14. MC225

MC225

15. MC225 Logo Side Detail

MC225 Logo Side Detail

Back
Top Bottom