Recent content by IndyAudio

1. I

Empire 698 - RCA cable and cueing assistance needed

I've got #1 and #3 covered, any assistance with #2, the cueing would be greatly appreciated. I can press down on the tonearm lift and depress it so the stylus will touch the vinyl on the platter, thanks
  2. I

Empire 698 - RCA cable and cueing assistance needed

I just picked up this minty 698 from the second owner of over 20 years. A very light cleaning with some soapy water was all it took, and it looks like new. The finish is amazing, didn't even treat the wood case, just a little windex to the glass 1. He didn't recall, but somehow the RCA...
  3. I

Pioneer RT901 Reel Table Replacement - how to remove?

update - problem solved, both removed removed front upper face plate. The left side table slid right off after removing the 3 allen bolts. The right needed some PB Blaster and some help, but it finally broke free and came off as well
  4. I

Pioneer RT901 Reel Table Replacement - how to remove?

Hi Received a rather nice RT901 today, however, poorly packed and both of the spring shafts that protrude from the reel table were badly bent. To the point they broke the pot metal on the triad that holds the tape reels in place. I pulled the black metal top/sides cover off and see the 3 small...
  5. I

How to redo your fresh refoamed woofer when the coil rubs......

I've refoamed dozens of speakers, never had shimmed, always been good by touch, until this time.....so I thought I'd share my experience which turned out great... I just refoamed a pair of 15" CV woofers and found one had some voicecoil rub - crap! I always us Simply Speakers foams and their...
  6. I

Coil "rub" after refoam. Best way to unglue the foam and center it?

Realize this is a very old post, but hoping this will be helpful for others - I've refoamed dozens of speakers, never had shimmed, always been good by touch, until this time..... I just refoamed a pair of 15" CV woofers and found one had some voicecoil rub - crap! I always us Simply Speakers...
  7. I

Marantz 6300 Tonearm won't move fully to the run out groove

LOL, that was easy, flipped it over, removed the bottom cover and found the cables were in the way of the tonearm mechanism. Fixed! Now to work on the auto shut off. The LED is lit up red and the metal piece passes by the sensor but won't lift the tonearm.
  8. I

Marantz 6300 Tonearm won't move fully to the run out groove

Hey guys, could use your advice, have done some searching and read the manual, can't find the solution yet. I have a 6300 that works just great except when the tonearm reaches the very start of the end of an LP and starts the run out groove, it physically cannot go any further into the groove...
  9. I

Refurbing Bang & Olufsen RL 60's (a photo blog)

I just sold a pair of RL60.2 that have this ported option versus the ABR. They really had a very nice sound hooked up to a Beo 5000 receiver. Excellent post and details, thanks so much! I am doing the same thing on my RL60's now. Thought about the other option of installing a pair of small...
  10. I

Marantz Model 510M - 1 dead VU meter, adjusting DC offset and bias

I tested it as you suggested. I have movement in the right needle, none in the left. Does this mean the left meter is bad and if so, can it be repaired? Thanks!
  11. I

This seems risky......don't want to cook my meters, thanks
  12. I

Thanks so much! DC Offset is now nearly zero on both channels I will see about accessing the meter switch and getting some Deoxit in there Think I will leave the bias alone for now..... Thanks again for the assistance here!
  13. I

Good afternoon. I'm in need of some assistance from the Marantz AK experts for my Model 510M power amp. 1. DC offset adjustment I've checked the DC offset on my 510M and I read +19 on the right and -18 on the left. There appear to be 2 trim pots on each of the left and right amplifier...
  14. I

Overpriced Sansui Xl-300 on CL?

Sorry, I don't work on speakers as a business. I'm not really qualified, my friend who helped me was. Feel free to open up the tweeters like I did and take a look at the voice coils. There are members here that can repair them or a couple of places like Madisound that repair various speakers...
  15. I

Cerwin Vega S2 - Mystery Speakers - Need Your Help!

I didn't recap them, rather just did the coil replacement as noted in the prior posting. The speakers were sold long ago.
Back
Top Bottom