Recent content by Infernosaint

1. I

Can I fix a Sansui au X701?

Well the ones where I had to redirect the lead from the caps to the nearest solder pad, because the one it was supposed to solder to, lifted and messed up. I'd say those are worse. But again, if this does not mess anything up, like lots of noise or something. As long as the connection is fine...
  2. I

Okay, I've finally gotten around to testing the driver and output transistors, half of them dead. I have now ordered replacements for those, as well as the paired resistor (dual emitter). So: 1. I replace everything that died. 2. Do I re-center the bourns? By turning it all the way and...
  3. I

I've tested the 4 easy to get to transistors, meaning all but the 2 attached to the heatsink. I'm gonna have to take some time to disassemble that, to get them out and test them. One of the four transistors were dead. The others were functioning as they should, measuring 1.1-1.3 on the 2kΩ/diode...
  4. I

Well, after replacing everything, I turned it on, just to see if it would come out of protection. Gave it a good 30 seconds, then turned it off and got the multimeter out. I think it was on for maybe 2½ minute max, while I got the probes to the resistor and was adjusting the trimmer. After...
  5. I

Thanks, I'll take some time to learn this stuff, then test everything, and replace what i can. Do you think this happened because I turned the trimpot all the way to either side? Is this even probable?
  6. I

Oh, wow, my bad. I know how to measure resistors, I meant the transistors there, didn't realise till now. I don't know how to do transistors, was what I meant. Sorry >.<
  7. I

Never mind.
  8. I

I can check the 6 resistors now. I have located all the resistors- I mean transistors. But I'm still not sure how to go about it, or if my meter has the means.
  9. I

So I need to replace r67, and r69 with two .22Ω resistors paired. Any other obvious components, other than the transistors, that could have died from this. So I can check them. I'm guessing my meter needs a diode check function for the transistor check?
  10. I

The big white one is dead, just measured. I even saw it light up as well. I don't know about transistors, not even sure the meter is capable. Would it be totally silly to try and replace the for-sure-dead resistors (r67, r69), and then try again, with the actually working meter? Would this be...
  11. I

Less than perfect soldering sounds probable, what do you mean, shorting between pads or something else? What I meant with the multimeter is that because it wasn't showing any changes, I might have gone all the way to minimum or maximum on the trimpot. When I noticed that the big white (what is...
  12. I

There's no way it can have been me, turning the trimpot too much either way? Since it just happened to be parts that had something to do with what I was adjusting. I'm also using a way too cheap Multimeter, that I just found out, was not even working (probes not properly connecting, have fixed...
  13. I

So, I was adjusting on the first of the 4 Bias adjustments. I never saw more than 0.1 mV. And now stuff blew up. I was measuring between the 2 blue arrows. As far as I saw, at least the two resistors with red cross lit up and died. :( The big heatsink as well as the white resistor did get...
  14. I

By minimum obtainable, you mean as close to 0 V as possible?
  15. I

I think so. I measure between + and - for each pair? Being the outer leads of each of the big white resistors? And this will work while in protection? Edit: Done with the replacements, here's a pic from before everything was soldered on, so everything is kinda crooked.
Back
Top Bottom