Recent content by infullview

1. infullview

Does R2R sound better than Cassette?

Unfortunately physics dictates this question and the answer still favors the reel to reel. I think this was pointed out in the second or third post of this thread. A cassette simply cannot compete with the dynamic range of a reel to reel. Here’s an example of a live recording I made on a reel...
  2. infullview

Things you don't see anymore.

I've always wondered what these $7 dollar nuclear sub actually looked like when it arrived. Were they made out of cardboard?
  3. infullview

I think anyone who has driven a Corvair might disagree with you
  4. infullview

I totally agree with your assessment of Will Farrell and that kind of “comedy”.
  5. infullview

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

Funny, I had he exact same reaction :)
  6. infullview

Pics of your listening space

Speakers are Wharfedale model W70E
  7. infullview

Yes it is. I had it at the bottom of the pile for years and finally decided to service it. It needed a lot of cosmetic work as the veneer was missing on the front and it was very dirty. I cleaned it up, replaced the veneer, deox’d and fader lubed the pots, cleaned and lubed all switches. After...
  8. infullview

I just had a young couple here (20 something) and the boyfriend saw my stereo and was so taken with it he took a picture. I had Miles Davis player on the reel to reel.
  9. infullview

Audio Club of Maine (ACMe)

I haven't filled it out because my time is hard to schedule. I'm at the whim of my daughter and X-wife for time, and unfortunately I get very little for myself. Keep me in the loop if you decide to meet in Portland and I'll do my best to make it.
  10. infullview

When I lived in Rochester, NH in the 1990’s they were digging up what looked like lengths of oak water lines and replacing them. Don’t know how long they were in service.
  11. infullview

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

That is a thing of beauty! Thank you for sharing.
  12. infullview

Audio Club of Maine (ACMe)

Nice! I also have a set of Rosedales that are set up in my office.
  13. infullview

Audio as a hobby is dying ... ?

I w I would like to know how/what could possibly justify an 85k phono stage? Even with the highest quality parts and enclosure it should sell for around $500. So they make 80,000 per unit?
  14. infullview

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Interesting. I was going to ask the same question.
  15. infullview

Commercials You Hate

Balance of nature got shut down for lying about ingredients. It turned out that analysis didn’t back up their claims. As for ad the Jacuzzi add, I always gag when they talk about how the new unit slips over the old. Must be some flimsy plastic liner. Gag.
Back
Top Bottom