Recent content by Inscrutable

1. Inscrutable

Denon DP-1200, Your Opinions please

Well, since we are working on cadavers here :) … fwiw … my DP1200 came to me with a Grado F3+ and I replaced stylus with an 8MZ … sounds really good. (I still have a new DL110 but will put it on a recently acquired DP47F)
  2. Inscrutable

A Call To Tube Depot This Morning

Hmmm … a little more expensive and smaller selection, but sounds like I will go to Upscale. (I’m retubing a Cary 280SA V12 … will want 12 matching EL34s)
  3. Inscrutable

A Call To Tube Depot This Morning

At the risk of spoiling the fun, can customers of Tube Store comment on how well they seem to be testing and matching when ordering quads+ ? Maybe in comparison to what Upscale says they do?
  4. Inscrutable

Ukulele-Banjo thoughts

And his rendition of ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ on Walking Up Raintree album … stunning. Think he was only 16 or 17 at the time.
  5. Inscrutable

Why does my rig not sound like live music?

I agree. The best you can do is attempt to achieve what Harry Pearson (RIP) called ‘the absolute sound’ … “the sound of actual acoustic instruments playing in a real space”
  6. Inscrutable

Help me rank these tables

I’m mostly aligned with you, though the BIC is so lower end and doesn’t match anything else thinking that could be part of a very starter system to pass on to a youngster. Current thinking (and “thinking” is being generous) is: Keep the DP47F to match the Denon stack if I keep that, or the...
  7. Inscrutable

That’s ok … this is all a bit subjective anyway, as most will not have experience with most or all of these.
  8. Inscrutable

:)
  9. Inscrutable

What's The Last Thing That You Put Into Your Mouth?

Gin & Tonic as I type
  10. Inscrutable

Sansui SC-2110

What are the odds of ever finding the plastic cover for the cassette well? :confused:
  11. Inscrutable

Bicycles - Show Us What You Ride

Used to be a custom steel frame with mostly Ultegra and Campy components … now at this age it’s a TerraTrike. :rolleyes:
  12. Inscrutable

So at this point I have 8 turntables, maybe a little excessive even by my standards, probably not by some. I will remove my modern main and living room tables and focus on the vintage. I‘llbe thinning to maybe 2 or 3 of the remaining 6. Assuming reasonably restored to original and fully...
  13. Inscrutable

WTB a decent beginners acoustic guitar

Both of mine have phosphor bronze strings … would it make any sense to refit with nylon for a while just to make playing easier or less painful during the early time toughening up fingers?
  14. Inscrutable

Audio equipment you regretted selling, and bought again!

I was just thinking about starting a thread on this subject, but guess better to exhume this one. Perhaps some folks that had not yet participate (like me) or changes/additions to your lists. Here is my list: (prefaced by reason, SQ for intrinsic Sound Quality, or N for Nostalgia’s sake) SQ...
  15. Inscrutable

WTB a decent beginners acoustic guitar

Coulda used this advice a few years ago … but never too late. Knowing nothing about anything, I picked up a cheap used Fender DG-60 acoustic, but never really tried much with it … then wife got me that ‘Keith Urban package’ thinking that may be better (as advertised as a good learner with...
Back
Top Bottom