Recent content by insomniac

1. insomniac

Been a while

I promised myself I was done buying speakers for a while... but I got a screamin' deal on these and couldn't pass them up. Mirage OM-6. Forgive the crappy photography and cable mess, I rushed home from a 160 mile round trip to get them cleaned up and set up. They sound good. Really, really good.
  2. insomniac

Been a while

Being stuck in the house I finally found the time to finish upgrading my Timeframe 250's and set them up in the living room. New foam under the socks, new tweeters, Dayton caps in the crossovers, and five way binding posts. Sounds pretty good driven with a Yamaha RX-460 with a small AR sub...
  3. insomniac

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Updated small listening space.
  4. insomniac

Pics of your listening space

It's more of a show piece anyway, it's kaput. One day I'll have a working one!
  5. insomniac

Pics of your listening space

Haven't posted in here in a while. Things have changed some.
  6. insomniac

Been a while

Yes sir, Dayton SUB 1200's. DAC is a Schiit Modi (sitting on top of a Mani). May go higher-end at some point, but it works just fine for now.
  7. insomniac

Been a while

I keep forgetting to update this thread.
  8. insomniac

Finally Getting to Any Audio Projects During Covid-19?

Rolled a new tube in my preamp and replaced a tonearm drive belt in a B&O 4002. Also re-lamped and put new glass in a buddy's Technics receiver. All kinds of other stuff waiting for me in the basement, just gotta find the time and motivation!
  9. insomniac

What does everyone own for tube gear!

2 Magnavox 128 monoblocks, and a Sonic Frontiers SFL-1.
  10. insomniac

Alton Brown's Stereo

I always knew Alton had good taste. ...pun partially intended.
  11. insomniac

NDD Drums and the big beat.

Nice looking kit!
  12. insomniac

That was actually a home made job made of 3/4" thick edge glued boards and 3/4" black pipe...

That was actually a home made job made of 3/4" thick edge glued boards and 3/4" black pipe hardware. Pretty simple to make, I think the materials set me back about $150.
Back
Top Bottom