Recent content by invaderzim

1. invaderzim

Jon Stewart is coming back to “The Daily Show”

I'm not sure that one extreme to another for a source of information is a good goal, but perhaps that is the only option now.
  2. invaderzim

Commercials You Hate

There are two that I've seen on streaming services that are way over the top. One is for Gillette and it has animated pubic hair and an animated girl dancing around rapping about her pubes. The other has an overweight lady dancing around talking about her depends... and besides a bra it is...
  3. invaderzim

What SE to build

Expense, mostly, on the real triodes. It would be nice to do one I already have output tubes for. 2a3 arent too expensive but $300 for a bottom of the line pair of 300b tubes really increases the amp cost. And then any tube upgrades later would get crazy. I was thinking of maybe lundahl for...
  4. invaderzim

What SE to build

None are my designs. Just curious what people think of those and if any have tried them. I can build an amp but I can't spot things that might be issues with designs. The RH84 has the most info on it online. The cascade tubes one is new and the Byrith design is older but doesn't seem to be...
  5. invaderzim

What SE to build

I'm thinking of building another low power SE amp. I built the kegger KT88 and like it, running 6l6gc UL. It will be for a small room so 3-8 watts will be fine. I was thinking of the RH84, I don't have any el84 tubes but they can be had inexpensively...
  6. invaderzim

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Our Tablo instantly skips commercials without us doing anything (except they are phasing that out) and it is awesome. It doesn't even fast forward, just one second the show is breaking for a commercial and half a second later the show is back. But they are running a lot more of the in program...
  7. invaderzim

Companies and their "caring theater". Both to their employees and to the public. The ones that wear a certain color to show 'support' for the group, but never give a dime to the causes. The ones that tell their employees that they care at a free lunch but then find ways to keep from paying them...
  8. invaderzim

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

I saw a car yesterday that had a decal in the back window that said Live, Laugh, Love and if that doesn't work Load, Aim, Fire
  9. invaderzim

Why is it so hard to wind good transformers?

Is that the transformer you used? I was near buying those once but I was using it in a 5K application and heard it wasn't good for that, what schematic did you use? I think one issue is that other audio options have gotten so much cheaper. There are some pretty impressive SS amp options below...
  10. invaderzim

Why is it so hard to wind good transformers?

It seems like the middle price range is a difficult one for companies to survive in. The just slightly above Edcor's prices is what I'm talking about. I guess that is true with most products, you either make a lot at low profit or a few at high profit. Making some at some profit is difficult...
  11. invaderzim

AI to the rescue

Can it really be called AI before it can learn? Will it do better on the 25th question about tubes? They are getting AI(ish). To me this is just a far more elaborate version of the Apple IIe program I had that could slightly 'converse' with you by using what you typed to create its response...
  12. invaderzim

Random Thoughts or Whatever

I only see her when it is moving.
  13. invaderzim

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Seinfeld: Festivus (Clip) | TBS - YouTube
  14. invaderzim

Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence. Scared yet?

With what companies can currently do with the data, just imagine what more power and more AI could do? We are already controlled to a large extent by what we see online and that is customized for each of us based on what their software thinks will keep us engaged. We each get a view of the...
  15. invaderzim

There is just something about signs with sayings like that that bug me and add into it the 'looks homemade" thing they try for and I've got no patience for it. Like you said do I need to read that every day or is it just so other people think I'm grounded.
Back
Top Bottom