Recent content by IraGress

1. IraGress

A Lil’ Help with a 1957 Columbia Record Player, Plz?

Hi, All. I just got this model 512. It powers on & turns, has a minor hum that increases as the volume is turned up, but there is zero sound from the stylus. Does that sound to you like all it might need is a cartridge/stylus? The cartridge/stylus (TC-200) is pretty expensive. Any ideas on...
  2. IraGress

What’s With Bluetooth on Home Theater Receivers???

The entire concept baffles me. We put these receivers right by the TVs, often inches away. Surely this isn’t just to get rid of that 2ft cable we never see anyway. And NOW we need a telephone to operate the television! Lose your charger? Drop your phone in the toilet? Guess I’ll read a book? I...
  3. IraGress

Wireless Subwoofer Question:

A tempting thought, but I had 3 different dealers. Too messy for me. I’m just going to try to squeeze out enough cheddar for the Heritage soundbar/sub before they’re all gone.
  4. IraGress

The Three and a pair of RW-1s. They were from a 75th anniversary thing called The Heritage line. There were also WiFi transmitters available (powered or not powered) that would get picked up by the app in your device, then transmit to any speaker you plugged them into. Those are all gone...
  5. IraGress

Yeah, you’re just about right. I finally got a Klipsch rep online. My only option is to find a Klipsch "PowerGate" or a soundbar/subwoofer set from that same line. It’s all discontinued and will be hard to find soon, so I need to come up with another $350+ and fast or I’m screwed. I wonder why...
  6. IraGress

Do you suppose there are any wireless transmitters that will link to my streaming music along with my speakers and send the signal to a sub?
  7. IraGress

Klipsch says these WiFi speakers will work with other brands. I’ll look into it. With any luck, maybe Yamaha will be nice about it too. EDIT: Nope.
  8. IraGress

Seriously? I just bought $1000 worth of WiFi speakers as my main rig, and you’re saying they don’t make a sub that works with them?
  9. IraGress

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

I just started at page 1. I didn’t even notice there are nearly 400 pages of this stuff. Why does it not surprise me that audiophiles are all a buncha foodies?
  10. IraGress

Gah! I’ve been saying wireless. I mean WiFi specifically, not just without input wires. See? This is how outdated I am. I’m not just looking for a sub that isn’t wired to an amp, I want a powered WiFi sub that will operate with several other speakers, all controlled by an app on my tablet. From...
  11. IraGress

OK, but will the transmitter pick up Amazon Music or Tidal or something and play the sub with three other speakers? God, that sounds like a stupid question, but I’ve been buried in 70s tech for 20yrs. I’m still shaking it off. Thanks for the help. I’d just contact Klipsch, but their customer...
  12. IraGress

The Three and a pair of RW-1s. No outs, but thanks.
  13. IraGress

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Oh my god. Clearly, I have been buttering my waffles all wrong my whole life. So that’s what, about 4T per waffle? That’s it. I’m dusting off my waffle iron. Damn, I just ate the last piece of ham too!
  14. IraGress

Thanks sqlsavior, but I don’t think these transmitters will transmit Pandora from my wifi to the subwoofer. They need a receiver, don’t they?
Back
Top Bottom