Recent content by Isophon

1. I

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

December 3rd 2008
  2. I

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Hi I actually bought them locally. The drivers are not the same but very similar in sound. I prefer the 861 which is slightly warmer sounding compared to the 860. The 861 is a seamless cone and the 860 has a seam so maybe that explains the slightly different sound. At 10 feet away they...
  3. I

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
  4. I

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Hi I’ve been reading a lot on this friendly site but I don’t post often. Quick question about Zenith 49CZ860 and 861. We often see these 2 drivers used in a few Zenith console, often connected in parallel to a mono amplifier. Since these have 2 different model numbers, do they sound the...
  5. I

Hi Hope you’re doing well. I’ve noticed you bought some vintage Zenith 49CZ860 and 861. I...

Hi Hope you’re doing well. I’ve noticed you bought some vintage Zenith 49CZ860 and 861. I have an opportunity to buy the same drivers but I’d like to know if they sound the same since they’re different models no. Also one has a seam on the cone but not model 861. Thanks a lot for your...
  6. I

The "$250" Amp? - 6LU8 Compactron SE, UL

Ok, thanks. I'll try. I made a mistake, looking for Novar type , not Noval. Eric
  7. I

The "$250" Amp? - 6LU8 Compactron SE, UL

Hi I have built this amp a few years ago and really enjoy the sound. Lately my 6LR8 (not 6LU8) socket seem to have gone bad with some contacts. Where could I buy good quality 9 pin socket ? I believe these needs to be Noval type, the one I used were Chinese from e-bay. Thanks for the help, Isophon
  8. I

Empire 598 II value ?

Been on e-bay for years and didn't know about the completed listing search, amazing tip. Looks like it's worth somewhere between $700-1000 :tresbon: Thanks, Isophon
  9. I

Empire 598 II value ?

Hi guys, I rarely post here but been lurking for a while, great forum. Looking for some advice, I'd like to sell my Empire 598 II and kind of wonder how much I can get for it (in USD). Unit has a slight dammaged corner (missing veneer), missing the belt ($30 from LP gear) and last I'm...
  10. I

Some Empire Turntable History

Thank you very much Grainger, I will re-post right away. BR, Isophon
  11. I

Some Empire Turntable History

Hi guys, I rarely post here but been lurking for a while, great forum. Looking for some advice, I'd like to sell my Empire 598 II and kind of wonder how much I can get for it (in USD). Unit has a slight dammaged corner (missing veneer), missing the belt ($30 from LP gear) and last I'm...
  12. I

Sonic differences between a 6AU6 and a CV4010/6AK5 tube when used as drivers?

Hi, Would you mind sharing your operating point for the 6AU6... I'm planning an all 7 pin PP amp. 6AU6 triode strapped as driver and 12AQ5 (6V6) in a push pull set-up a la DIY Paradise (Simple EL84) with the CCS on the cathode of the output tubes. Thanks, Isophon
  13. I

RH807 with a pentode driver?

6au6 / 807 Hi, Sorry to wake up an old post but I'm presently having some difficulty with a pentode driven SE 807. I'm using the 6AU6 as a driver and it's not working too well, my output power is down the drain and I wonder why ? Would someone care to share their design ? TIA Isophon
Back
Top Bottom