Isotonic
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello,
    I've read your posts concerning rewiring a Pioneer PL 41 tonearm; There are tiny adjustment screws encircled by set screws on either side of the pivot point. What would they be called, and how tight do I tighten them when I've adjusted them where I want them? Do they ever need maintenance?
    Thanks
    Dear Isotonic,

I'm writing you because of some comments you gave on a new cartridge for the Philips 212 record player because you have tested out a few.

I was hoping you would like to help me replacing the basic 400 cartridge. 

I was thinking about the philips 412 gold cartridge, until I stumbled upon your post.

In your post you recommend a Shure/OM series cartridge with a nice after market stylus, but I have no idea what kind of Shure/OM would fit on the record player and what stylus to choose. How can I know it fits on the philips?

I'm thinking about the OM10 for the price, but I'm not sure if I can just click it on. Do you think this is a good update? Do you suggest replacing the stylus? I'm thinking about max 110 dollars, unless you have a better option and I will save more money :-)

Compared to your knowledge this is a very small question, but I hope you can help me.
    Best regards,

Pieter
    http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=396477
    Thanks for the invite...you are my number one..I am honored and enjoy your posts tremendously..Happy New Year...Rosie
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the painting that serves as your avatar?

Thanks

Kirk
    Hi ISO,

I see from previous posts that you have a SONY STR-6050. I just nabbed one with the wood case at a yardsale, was wondering if you could forward a scan of the schematic or manual, I'd like to go over this one and get it up to snuff, having heard so much about them. The usual free sites do not seem to have anything on this one.

THANKS!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom