Recent content by itsjim

1. itsjim

Looks alone: Best looking equipment?

Wow! Good call!
  2. itsjim

Infinity peeps - what's your cart of choice? ($100-$300)

I just upgraded my TT from a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with an Ortofon 2M Red cart, to a Clearaudio Concept with the Concept V2 MM cartridge. All I can say is WOW! The sound is orders of magnitude better, due in no small part to the cartridge. The cart goes for about $250. Seriously, makes the 2M...
  3. itsjim

Vintage Pioneer Amps/Receivers

I have an SA-8100 that I picked up from an antique store for around a hundred bucks a few years ago. I've never done a thing to it and it still works great. I like the fact that you can switch out the built in amp and run it as a pre-amp only. I run it through an SAE 2200 into a pair of Elac F5s...
  4. itsjim

Looks alone: Best looking equipment?

I've always been partial to the late '70s SAE gear. Here's some of mine...
  5. itsjim

Infinity RS 4000 .. what is the knob on back?

Dude, Other than the picture of Urban Meyer, that looks like a nice setup! /S
  6. itsjim

Lets See All Them Axes

Mostly jazz standards, but I do like me some Poco. That band definitely has an interesting history.
  7. itsjim

Replacement 5-ohm pots for Quantum?

I rebuilt the crossovers in a pair of Q2s last year. For some reason, the mid-bass pots in each one were beyond repair (by me, anyway). I replaced them with these: Very good quality, but the footprint is bigger than the originals. You can't fit 3 of these onto the control panel without...
  8. itsjim

Lets See All Them Axes

Nothing too exotic here. Martin DCPA-3 for pickin', Gibson Les Paul Deluxe for grinnin'.
  9. itsjim

Which Interconnects Are You Guys Using With Your Infinities?

Interesting. I used to be the world's biggest skeptic when it came to this topic, but I swear I can hear the same improvement over time. I can't explain it and neither can the audiophile types I know, one of whom is a bona fide electrical engineer. However, when it comes to audio, perception is...
  10. itsjim

Arnie Nudell has passed.

Wonder if he's run into James Bongiorno up there yet.
  11. itsjim

Which Interconnects Are You Guys Using With Your Infinities?

For the speakers (Q2s), I'm using Schmitt Custom Audio 4x12 Gauge Reference 100 Bi-wire Speaker Cables 8' spade to spade 200 bucks for a pair. Sounds awesome! Better than the lamp cord that Infinity recommended in the manual! For the interconnects I'm using some various Monster RCA cables I...
  12. itsjim

Favorite Artists To Listen To On Your Infinities!?

Return to Forever sounds mighty fine on some Quantum 2s. So does, literally, everything else.
  13. itsjim

Ikea has Kallax (those square shelves perfect for LPs) on sale this week

Ha! That's what I use! Be sure to pick them up yourself from Ikea though, if you can. They aren't packed to survive shipping too well. I bought mine through Amazon and ended up having to send a couple panels back for replacement due to shipping damage. That was a hassle as they wanted me to...
  14. itsjim

Finally Got Me Some Quantum 2s

Thanks. I will be sending them off to Miller's one of these days...probably in the fall. I'll update this thread when I get them reinstalled.
  15. itsjim

Finally Got Me Some Quantum 2s

Great story, Willie! Funny how we were both watching the same stuff. I think I got hosed a little on the Q2s. But I really wanted them, and when the guy offered to deliver them to me from WV, it was game over. Glad you scored your RSIIAs. Enjoy!
Back
Top Bottom