Recent content by Jack P

1. J

Oh boy, do I want one of these!

Just watching the video, it looks like its running very slow at first but hey, I can't tell anything accurate from here :) also, I want to see them put a record on the platter....
  2. J

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

3. J

How does hertz effect sound?

I do know that the Palmer turntable from the UK runs at 60Hz as it produces less noise on its particular motor. Its power supply produces 60 Hz even in 50Hz territories.
  4. J

Pioneer PL570 Bearing noise? How to Access?

Can you hear the noise whet the cart is NOT touching the record and you put your ear really close? Could the noise be coming from somewhere else, cart bottoming out perhaps?
  5. J

When I first did mine, I used oil but over time it leaked out and was rather difficult to clean up. It will run fast until the motor has settled down to the correct height. Do not run the motor without the platter on or it will "seek" back and forth.
  6. J

Ah yes! Funny but in my memory, the bell housing was black but now I see your pictures I remember it. Zinc yellow. Light smear of grease on the ball and shaft.
  7. J

Well done, and good luck! Its not hard to do, you'll be fine.
  8. J

The platter fits on a taper on the spindle. Try putting your fingers in the holes and your thumbs on the spindle so you can push down on the spindle as you pull up on the platter
  9. J

take the platter off. lifts off vertically. Underneath is a cover plate, take this off via the screws around the edge. I think there is then another cover to remove via screws but my memory is a little hazy. finally you will see the spindle with a black metal "bell" type housing. Pull the...
  10. J

Harbeth Owners Thread

id like to say yes but in reality it is a small improvement over the 2s. It is more like a subtle refinement than a change. Which is a good thing imho
  11. J

Harbeth Owners Thread

Harbeth owner here. C7es3 and some P3ESRs. I had the C7es2 previously.
  12. J

13. J

AR XA arm lift unit

Anyone have an idea of the value of this arm lifter? It came with an AR XA U model turntable but was removed by the previous owner who then filled the hole. I have another AR XA U that still has the lifter in place. Thanks. Jack P
  14. J

15. J

Listening on the XA as I re veneered it yesterday and it has obviously made a sonic improvement :)
Back
Top Bottom