Recent content by Jacques_579

1. J

Sugden A21a

Hi guys, I have this amp from sugden, the A21a. It started to make some “mechanical” sound. It’s a buzzing coming from the middle of the amp and I’m not hearing it in the speakers at all. I tryed to tighten the transformer nut, but didn’t changed much. Also, is there anyone here who...
  2. J

Quad 33

Hello guy and merry Christmas to all of you. I’ve recently recaped my quad 33/303 with a kit from “dada electronics”. The quad was working ok before and no hum whatsoever. But once the recap job done, I have a loud hum, but stable at any volume level, and on every input option. I know it’s not...
  3. J

Kef 105/4 intermittent

Will do, two questions first, for the value, it’s ok to go slightly higher even in voltage? And I found out today that, when the speaker goes off, if I raise the volume it’s always go on again. Is this some kind of normal result?
  4. J

Kef 105/4 intermittent

Yes, I actually live at 5 minutes drives of them
  5. J

Kef 105/4 intermittent

I i was wondering if the caps sold by them were a must? Could solen’s or the like be an ok option too?
  6. J

Kef 105/4 intermittent

yes, all driver quit.
  7. J

Kef 105/4 intermittent

Hi guys, I’m the proud owner of a pair of 105/4 that I like very much. The only trouble is that one of them started to loose the sound intermittently from time to time. It’s not from the amp, as I tryed a bunch, and it’s present on all of them. The kef are stock. Let me know if one of you have...
  8. J

Kencraft

I did try to find the schematic but being a kit back in the days, maybe it wasn’t put online? I was actually looking for a cause that a preamp might make a relay inside my amp to go off once the preamp is powered on?
  9. J

Kencraft

Hi guys, I have this sweet preamp, a kencraft gp-830. I know it’s a kit, but it’s really well made, so anyway I hook it up to my amplifier and when opening it up, it just make a small « pop » and then nothing. And I’m not sure but I think it make my amplifier relay clicked. If you have any...
  10. J

Yamaha ns-1000 tweeter blown

Doe sth
  11. J

As you can see on the picture, they’re intact
  12. J

Hi guys, I recently bought a pair of ns-1000 on the cheap. Only thing, both tweeter are blown. I’ve put them to pieces and tested the coil, which were intact, and no continuity. Is there a way to do something with those, except, to throw them away and wait for another pair? thanks Fred
  13. J

Troubleshooting CD Players

Hello guys. I’m not sure I’m at the right place for this question, but I’ll shoot it anyway. I have a arcam bdp100 which is stocked on the « hello menu » I guess I could say, In standby mode. I’m wondering if there’s a way to bypass or repair this, and if not, can I take out the transport and...
  14. J

Kenwood l05m

Can you tell me where they are? If you have the manual, those transistor number would help Thanks
  15. J

Kenwood l05m

Well, just finished testing all the resistor and they’re all very good. Guess it’s down to testing those transistor
Back
Top Bottom