Recent content by jadobbins77

1. J

I have Bang & Olufsen Beovox S75, which speakers do I get to upgrade?

For sure. I'll take 'em off your hands!
  2. J

Nobsound EL34 Single-ended Class A tube amplifier

Hey gang. I have this Gemtune GS-02M in my Amazon cart, and itching to pull the trigger. Anyone have any experience with this model? Gemtune GS-02M Hi-Fi Integrated Tube Amplifier w/ VU Level Meter,Tube KT88X2, 6H8CX2, 5Z3PX1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VLC1HX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zf8GAbCNAQWAV
  3. J

I have Bang & Olufsen Beovox S75, which speakers do I get to upgrade?

G7Trader. Your source is the problem. No matter what speakers you have they are going to sound flat and boring with poor quality streaming sources. I run a pair of Beovox S60's from a Beomaster 1900 fed by Beogram 2402, Beogram CD-4500, and Beocord 1900. This setup with quality source recordings...
  4. J

Advice on 5+ channel class d amp

Thanks whoaru99. There are currently a Rotel RMB-1565 on the bay and a RMB-1085 from US Audio Mart, both listed around $550 that might fit the bill. Specs look nearly the same for both, but the 1085 is very slim package. Anyone have experience with either of these amps?
  5. J

Advice on 5+ channel class d amp

Hey folks. Looking for input for a good multi channel class d amp. Google searches result in an endless supply of automotive amps, but virtually nothing for home theater. I know that the Pioneer Elite receivers have used class d for years, and are pretty good, however IMO they are unsightly...
  6. J

Canton GL-260 bookshelf speakers

Second pair of GL-260's on the way from the bay. Going to team them up with the 1st set and complete a quad set-up in the kitchen.
  7. J

Polk SDA CRS refinsh

Picked up a pair of Polk SDA CRS' earlier this week. Local CL find, seller was asking $150 for the pair, also included was a Yamaha R-S500 receiver, and a Google Chrome cast. Told him I really didn't need another receiver, but would take all for $100, he accepted. The Yammie is mint, just needed...
  8. J

Canton GL-260 bookshelf speakers

I am stunned. These tiny things are simply amazing. They have a pure clean presence and amazing bass for their size. I didn't think it possible for a speaker this size to have such deep bass. I approached the stated 42hz with some scepticism but am now a believer. They are a boxer that hits way...
  9. J

Budget Pioneer SX Receivers?

I have a SX-450. It is beautiful to look upon and it makes equally beautiful music. Low power output, but hooked up to my old internally tubed amped Webcors it makes no difference. I am considering an upgrade, so the 450 may end up posted before too long.
  10. J

Fisher AL-315 and Polk Model S6 ?

Stopped in at local thrift store today and saw a pair each of Fisher Audio Lab AL-315's and Polk S6's for sale. I can purchase all 4 for $100. I found a little info about the Polks but nothing found on the Fishers. Both are in good physical condition and operate fully. The Fishers are huge, 3...
  11. J

Advice, Kenwood KR-8050 vs Pioneer SX-1050

Thanks for the advice gang. The Pioneer sold to another today, so Kenwood it is.
  12. J

Advice, Kenwood KR-8050 vs Pioneer SX-1050

Hello everyone. Newbie audiophile here. I have opportunity to pick up a very good Kenwood KR-8050 for $200 or an equally good condition Pioneer SX-1050 for $350. Do not have any idea which would be better sound quality unit. I currently have a SX-450 driving a pair of 1959 Webcor Custom 10's on...
  13. J

Hello everyone

Budding audiophile with a taste for vintage equipment. Thanks to all.
Back
Top Bottom