Recent content by janikphoto

1. janikphoto

JBL L3 Surprise!

Such an interesting find! I’m refurbishing these JBL L3 speakers, and I was pulling the rubber grille grommets. Behind one on each cabinet, I found a serial number sticker that matched the serial number sticker on the back. It was just sitting behind the grommet in the hole, like a fortune...
  2. janikphoto

Sherwood S-7310 volume/power switch

You can see the little button I added, under the volume knob snd to the right of the balance knob.
  3. janikphoto

I think I found the answer! This will be installed near the balance knob, under the volume knob. It should look reasonably close to a stock button. yes, I bent the tabs out on the back of the switch and noticed the plastic broke. I couldn’t easily find the broken parts to epoxy, otherwise...
  4. janikphoto

I just picked up one of these… Power is on and it won’t turn off. Time to take it diary and see what this crazy switch is all about!
  5. janikphoto

Rebuilding a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls

Prepping the second one for veneer…
  6. janikphoto

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Another angle…
  7. janikphoto

How to get the best out of these special Kenwood speakers

Oh, yeah. Sentimental… that makes sense!
  8. janikphoto

How to get the best out of these special Kenwood speakers

Those Kenwood speakers are “special”, huh? They look like a lot of other Japanese speakers from the 1970s. I’m assuming you used to word special in a tongue in cheek sort of way?
  9. janikphoto

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Advent OLA with an eminence horn. It needed a 12db attenuation to balance with the stock woofer. Those horns were efficient!
  10. janikphoto

Rebuilding a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls

Here’s a side by side of the finisher speaks and how they originally looked! Actually, they looked worse, as they had 1970s era brass casters/wheels on them and a bunch of dust! Now to start the second one… what did I do? Mahogany veneer, upgraded crossovers, bi-amp capability with a new set...
  11. janikphoto

Tandberg TR-2080 preamp help?

yup. I’ve been doing all that. I haven’t spotted any obvious cold solder spots, but I may just reflow everything on that board to be safe. Yes, it seems to be on all sources so far. It seemed like I got sound for a half second on FM, but I’m not certain.
  12. janikphoto

Tandberg TR-2080 preamp help?

I picked up a 2080 the other day, took a gamble on it I tested for $200. I figured I could get my money back out of it, even if I just parted it out. Well, the right channel works. The left doesn’t... kind of. If I run a signal straight into the amp side when I remove the jumpers, both play...
  13. janikphoto

How do you pronounce "Technics"?

US commercial says it slightly different than the Japanese guy...
  14. janikphoto

Here's a Japanese commercial where it's pronounced...
  15. janikphoto

They didn't even pronounce it in their own commercial! Maybe the company doesn't even know how to say it?!?
Back
Top Bottom