Recent content by JarredCrowe

1. JarredCrowe

Jennings Research speakers 70s - info needed

I haven't done a thing with them. I lucked into a pair of revels locally and they have displaced my other speakers. I wish I had someone locally to give them too. Instead of hanging on for no reason.
  2. JarredCrowe

Found the most remarkable performer, Lexicon MC-8 V2

I'm curious if you've had a chance to compare? I have a proceed amp and am actually stuck between those 2 processors. I'm leaning towards the avp but there is a local lexicon for a decent price available.
  3. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

I'm still running it in. Surprisingly , replacing my interconnects between my dac and pre seemed to make it worse. I normally use cardas quadlink here, substituting it for more kimber added glare. I'm agnostic to the more mystical bits of this hobby so a silver fuse might work. I was also...
  4. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

Hello Mister pig, you may not recall but I've been around here a while and seen my share of locked wire debates. Lol. This is not a wire thread so hopefully no one goes there. You've described it aptly. It lacks sparkle. And I like sparkle. As such I've paired it with neutral/bright wires...
  5. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

Yes, just seems so wasteful. Maybe it can be a winter time amp. My AC works hard enough in the summer here.
  6. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

Id like it more if I knew i could safely disconnect the channels im not using.
  7. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

Audiofreak71 that is a good question. I'm actually not sure. It's possible it was in use till recently but I can't know for sure. This is a good idea.
  8. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

Revel m20s. The proceed sounds...dark. increased low frequency response, rolled off upper mids and highs. Cool but not cold I'm not sure I have an accurate way of measuring its temperature, I'm assuming it has a high class A bias , it was heating the (small)room a bit.
  9. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

I tried it yesterday, even on only 2 channels and idling mine ran pretty hot. Supposed to have good synergy with my speakers. I'll have to disagree.
  10. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

I'm aware. My setup is on pretty much 24/7 so I'm just concerned about my power bill this summer. It starts to double about now . If I end up liking it though than it could certainly be worse.
  11. JarredCrowe

Proceed amp5 question

I recently got one of these amps to try out. Before bracing myself to drag the 120lb mass up my stairs I was reading the manual. During standby it still idles at 150w of consumption, 350 once actually active. Since I'll only be using 2 channels of it, is there any easy way to disconnect the...
  12. JarredCrowe

Is this heresy woofer original?

They have that aquaplas look to me. Cabinet shape is so-so. They are originally HWO Cabs but it looks like they were refinished much darker. I'm in a bigger market than salt lake and he is asking north of 6 bills.
  13. JarredCrowe

If he wasn't asking so much for them, I would. I'd need to get them for about 1/3 is asking price.
  14. JarredCrowe

While I like jbl drivers, I think he is asking too much for an altered set. Thanks everyone
  15. JarredCrowe

I'm looking at a pair of heresy 1s available locally. They have the barrier strip style speaker connectors so they must be older production. However this woofer looks more JBL to me. Is this original or a replacement? Thank you
Back
Top Bottom