Recent content by JasBy

1. J

Tonearm tube for a Ortofon SMG-212

Usually that means you are using something like Google photos and they aren't in a public album. You can see them because they are your pictures.
  2. J

The Picasso Effect.....

While this is an interesting observation, I would more likely attribute it to the room, as guiller said, and less to asymmetry of your biology. I doubt that most people are 'perfectly' symmetrical, and your brain has long compensated for any differences in the heights of your ears as far as...
  3. J

EBay question

I'm sure that EBay re-sells the items that fail GSP just to recoup the loss they sustain by refunding the purchase price. It doesn't make sense that they would just eat the loss and not send the items back. Makes me wonder if there is a limit to what they would eat - say you get a couple of...
  4. J

Do we need mor vinyl presses? - Discogs

I mostly agree with Tubewade that I would love to see more music from the 90's on vinyl, but I think the re-issues fill a void for those that don't live in an area with a thriving used vinyl scene. I can go to a local record store and get a used copy of 'Time Further Out' for less than $5, but...
  5. J

Teac TN-300 angled headshell , exchange or return?

I agree with those that are recommending a higher quality used table. I was also considering a new table for the 'new' factor and the warranty, but I recently found a SL1200 M3D locally for less then the Teacs are selling for, and just had to add a headshell (and liberally use rubbing alcohol...
  6. J

It's a speaker - no, it's a light bulb...

The practical joke potential of these is huge. Have a friend over and the lamp next to their chair starts whispering 'Redrum!'
  7. J

APPJ PA1501A Mini Tube Amplifier Impressions

Sorry, it seems I linked the pics in my private folder and not the public one - should be fixed now.
  8. J

APPJ mini2013 vs. APPJ PA1501A Mini Tube Amplifiers

I finished my initial impression with the recently received amp and have posted them here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/appj-pa1501a-mini-tube-amplifier-impressions.722249/
  9. J

APPJ PA1501A Mini Tube Amplifier Impressions

I received the APPJ PA1501A from Massdrop yesterday and have had some time so listen and would like to give my impressions for others to consider. The amp arrived packed very nicely in a foam block, with the tubes already mounted in their sockets. Fit and finish was excellent, no cosmetic...
  10. J

Sympathetic transducers in room with speakers?

At the risk of stepping on Schrodinger's cat - couldn't you argue that the presence of a person in the listening room would have more of an impact on the sound than an additional set of speakers? Soon to be heard: "I never go into my listening room while the music is playing, it sounds better...
  11. J

I will be using a pair of Klipsch RF-3 ii floor standers for main duty, I also am refurbing a pair of AR 4x's at the moment that I will try out too. I am sure it won't be enough juice to get the AR's singing, but it may get me wanting a bigger amp :)
  12. J

I have one of the PA1501A's arriving hopefully the first week of July from the last drop on Massdrop and will listen a couple weeks and give a full report. I have not heard the other version or it's Miniwatt predecessor, nor am I an experienced reviewer, but more information and viewpoints...
  13. J

Want to get a taste of KLIPSCH

I suggest you find someone nearby that will allow you to listen to their system and form your own opinion. I just purchased a pair of RF-3 ii and I love them, but I love extra high frequency information and have been a fan of Klipsch for a while. When I listen to most vintage speakers (with...
  14. J

Transmission line driver placement

Is there a 'ideal' limit to how far down the line you can place the driver in a transmission line? I am thinking of doing a totally simple DIY TL to use some drivers I have laying around, and I would like to have the port be bottom firing. Imagine the line being a tall upside-down U. The...
  15. J

Definitely Gotta Get These...

My favorite tidbit from the reviews for the wood treatments - "No break in required" :sigh:
Back
Top Bottom