Recent content by JazzVinyl

1. JazzVinyl

My Humble DIY build w/Audax Carbon-Fiber

Used to be sold at Parts-Express. Front baffle sold as a blank and is rapidly detachable. You could get additional baffles, too. They carried several commonly used sizes. But sadly, they no longer available.
  2. JazzVinyl

I used the calcs here: http://www.mh-audio.nl/Calculators/WVC.html I used a 2 inch internal diameter port (non flared). Really wanted even lower F3 but seems that would have required a larger cabinet. Happy with what I have.
  3. JazzVinyl

Hello feds27... I did similar but went with 11.25 inches in length trying for an F3 of 57Hz. Mine vents to the rear due to a lack of space on the front baffle.
  4. JazzVinyl

An Active crossover (especially one that could be adjusted) sounds like a great idea to me. I did break down and add a port to mine. Reaches a deeper now. Still love this. The midrange magic cannot be beat. Cheers :-)
  5. JazzVinyl

Little Dot Mark II tube headphone amp blowing fuse, help needed please

Not having any problems with the metal envelope tube being microphonic. The "more beautiful" NU 6N7G is far and away much more prone to microphionics. This unit sounds absolutely dandy!
  6. JazzVinyl

Here is the 6N7 pre with the SS rectifier adapter. Using it the main speaker system now. Like it, quite a bit. The 6N7 is the 'no glow' RCA metal one. Sounds the best...better even, than the prettier NU 6N7G. Like the wooden case and wooden volume knob too. Solid State rectifier sounds...
  7. JazzVinyl

Have you ever felt the loss of intrest in the constant upgrade path?

Maybe it's one's age. Younger...hoard gear. Older...perfectly happy with competent gear. Maybe hearing is better when younger, makes you do nutty things?
  8. JazzVinyl

Have you ever felt the loss of intrest in the constant upgrade path?

I do agree with the sentiment that constant upgrade means "never satisfied" and life is too short for that. Be happy with your fine sounding rigs and spend time discovering more music that you love, instead of chasing different gear . :)
  9. JazzVinyl

One could also make an adapter...6N7 to 2x 6J5 to achieve independent envelopes for L/R.
  10. JazzVinyl

Crosstalk in a headphone set up, might not be all bad. Kind of a crossfeeed effect :) This pre sounds awfully nice between a digi line out and SS amp, to me. I measured voltages, and they are dead spot on for ideal performance from 6N7. But, I do agree that twin 6N7's is probably a better...
  11. JazzVinyl

Good to know about 6SC7. Just ordered this to convert this little pre to SS rectifiers (which I always liked better than doing that job with a tube): https://www.tubedepot.com/products/solid-state-rectifier :)
  12. JazzVinyl

A common cathode does not prevent the two triodes from acting independently. The biggest problem you might encounter is the two sections not matching in output. I have seen a schematic for a dual 6N7 preamp and plan to build one. I bought this one to test out the 6N7 as preamp concept. You...
Back
Top Bottom