Recent content by Jbl Joe

1. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

The Opu3 weights 8 gram...much lighter than the other woodies...using 2. 1 in Linn LP12 1 in Audio Technica ATLp7.
  2. Jbl Joe

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Bill Evans, new Norah Jones Pick me up off the floor through Grado GS3000e reference cans Schitt Lyr gen 1 with 6922 Gold Lions. Linn LP12 table Rega RB800 arm Grado Opus3
  3. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

Xtz is now different
  4. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

What vtf and anti skate do you use for your Opus?
  5. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

Don't know how this went off the rails from a simple review of the Opus3
  6. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

8mz and tlz are not in the same league...the xtz is the ultimate
  7. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

To get ablue to complete with Timber serires it needs a stylus upgrade prehaps a tlz
  8. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

I am aware the blue up to the gold are almost identical. The difference is in tolerances and diamonds l believe. I myself have a blue2 with a xtz stylus which performs flawlessly in my Yamaha GT2000.
  9. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

Chris...no l have never done any the dismantling you speak of...l worked for JBL for 25 years outfitting recording studios...speakers are more my thing. You do have some nice gear. The 8mz is built to tighter tolerances than gold3...but 90% of golds ship with 8mz's.
  10. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

Is your system resolving enough to hear a difference. I hear differences between each through Grado GS3000e cans....Linn LP12 with RB1000.
  11. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

Try tracking your blue at 1.65g with maybe .75 to 1 gram antiskate. Should give best results
  12. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

Then how do explain the sound quality improvement as you move up from a blue to a gold....by the way the gold3 uses a 8mz stylus..
  13. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

4ourears is Grados site basically for Amazon
  14. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

John is tight lipped on this but the toletences are tighter and since this was the stylys used on a late 70's early 80's big buck Grado at the time l suspect the cantilever and stylus are more advanced.
  15. Jbl Joe

Grado Opus3 review

The Opus3 and blue3 are not even close in refinement. You would have to move to a tlz replacement stylus to match the Opus 3...which is a$300usd stylus. But I do agree the blue especially in the third version punches way above its class and in my opinion out classes in my opinion the overrated...
Back
Top Bottom