Recent content by Jbmorrey

1. Jbmorrey

Budget bluetooth capable amp

Hello, I am looking to setup a nearfield system in my office and I need an inexpensive amp with Bluetooth capabilities. I just need to run 2 bookshelf speakers and plan to stream to the amp. Nothing special, I hear about a lot of these little amps that are under $150 or so that are no name...
  2. Jbmorrey

Vocals are always to the left… how to correct?

Ok, I just thought of something. which panels being removed do you think allowed the vocals to move slightly to the right? I am wondering if I put up acoustic panels on the left wall it would absorb reflections from my right. Speaker and lessen how much I hear from the left ear. So maybe keep...
  3. Jbmorrey

I think you are correct, I may try closing the curtains(which are heavy blackout curtains) close the left pocket door and see if that makes more of a difference, Maggie’s are really particular and might just not be a perfect fit for my rooms, I don’t have this much of an issue with my Klipsch...
  4. Jbmorrey

So I went ahead and cleaned out all of the acoustic panels on my walls and those that were leaning on the corner area. Seems like the vocals moved over, not quite direct center but it’s much better, my only annoyance is all the time and money I spent on the acoustic panels might not have been...
  5. Jbmorrey

Thank you, I will go through all of your suggestions.
  6. Jbmorrey

Yea, I think it’s a rod placement issue, I have 2 setups and when I listen through my McIntosh amp, it has a L/R channel gain and I can usually correct it with that , but my Vidar that runs my Magnepan does not have that. So I tried a mono recording and the vocals went from almost center, but...
  7. Jbmorrey

So here is a picture of my room, couch is on the right and a club chair is to the left I do have acoustic panels on the left and right where I thought were first reflection points for my forte’s, right now I am listening to my Magnepans.sorry for the mess in the middle obviously of getting my...
  8. Jbmorrey

So I have my speakers setup in a triangle configuration, but seem to always hear vocal coming from the left side much stronger than the left. I have tried listening to a mono recording and it still leaned left, tried switching the left and right cable on my amplifier and it still leans left, is...
  9. Jbmorrey

Lenco L70 value

I am looking to sell my Lenco L70 Turntable, but am having trouble determining a value, the headshell. I have the lid in excellent condition, everything seems to be original. Someone soldered a Rega Carbon cartridge on iit. The speed is a little off, but I understand this is a simple adjustment...
  10. Jbmorrey

MX112 possible modern alternative

I had NO IDEA there was such a thing, never seen it before, hopefully they aren’t too rare. james
  11. Jbmorrey

That’s a good suggestion, just need to be patient as they are pretty rare, saw one that sold for $850 on EBay, that would be reasonable. any other suggestions are appreciated, was wondering about brands like Cambridge audio or Emotiva, are they able to get anywhere near the sound of a McIntosh...
  12. Jbmorrey

So I have a bit of a problem, if you will. I currently have a McIntosh mx112 preamp and on its way to me is a Schiit Vidar that I plan on using to run a recent purchase of a pair of Magnepan LRS. I already have a McIntosh ma6200 as a pre connected to a McIntosh 2505 for another stereo setup, but...
  13. Jbmorrey

McIntosh C-22 (possible scam, or smoking deal?)

Wow! Then I guess they are asking $700 down and monthly payments! Funny you found the same pics. Thanks everyone, I figured it was too good to be true.
  14. Jbmorrey

McIntosh C-22 (possible scam, or smoking deal?)

So on Facebook Marketplace there is a listing for a McIntosh C-22 and with a really low asking price. I tried to call them on their bluff and inquired, the person responded and was willing to let me come by to see it, even sent me their address, unfortunatly they are not anywhere close to me...
  15. Jbmorrey

“Never seen before” Realistic speakers questions

thank you so much for the confirmation, the huge woofer to me was interesting, but could not find any info. Thanks again. Take care! James
Back
Top Bottom