Recent content by jcamero

1. jcamero

Fun Factoid Of The Day

The term "Housewarming Gift" has it's origins in the Medieval Times. It was customary for someone visiting another to bring a piece of wood or log to use in a fireplace to provide warmth to the house, thus, Housewarming Gift.
  2. jcamero

The perils of modern air travel.....?

The wife and daughter just got back from an 11 day trip to the Philippines, (wife is from there). Chicago to Korea, to Cebu City, and vise versa. Going was not an issue with layover and customs, (Philippines). Coming back the US Customs agents were RUDE and NASTY to everyone, US Residents and...
  3. jcamero

What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

I stopped shaving April 27th of last year. When I did shave, I just used the disposable type. I really never cared for shaving, but my job required me to, otherwise I'd need to wear a beard cover, (yuk).
  4. jcamero

My Auto Repair Shop Messed Up, (Big Time)

I picked up the car last Friday, looks great, and purrs like a kitten. No issues whatsoever.
  5. jcamero

Bad Chinese translations make the world go round

When I was in Hong Kong years ago I bought a really nice carved wall decoration, and displayed it proudly. My friends wife, (from Hong Kong) visited us, read it, and she said it was hard to translate to English, but it was "good stuff". Whenever friends come over and ask what it means, I just...
  6. jcamero

Spring forward and start mowing

SE Wisconsin checking in. Pretty close, the sunniest side of our property is shaggy in spots. Other areas no. I still have the snow thrower out. It's an odd year. The Maple trees are budding out, hostas are about 2" above the ground. I thought about doing some yard work, it would be 6 weeks...
  7. jcamero

Who makes the best sump pumps?

Sta-Rite, (name) may have went away, but their parent company Pentair still is. My wife works there, (26 years so far), and assembles the heavy cast iron sump pumps.
  8. jcamero

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I was painting so I had to put on a CD so I wouldn't need to stop and "flip" the LP over. I picked out something I have not listened to in a while. "YESSONGS" by YES. One great live album, and still holds the test of time.
  9. jcamero

Who makes the best sump pumps?

STA-RITE. I only say this 'cause my wife works and assembles pumps for them. If she wasn't away on vacation, she could tell me the rebadged brands assembled there.
  10. jcamero

Not often seen pics of artists and celebs.

Pre Cheap Trick's Rick Neilsen
  11. jcamero

Some Ebay sellers should do some research.

He/She doesn't know what's wrong with the Turntable. Watch the video...
  12. jcamero

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

I know your situation, as I am living it now. My Mother's health is to the point where, 24hr. care is necessary. The decision has been made she will go to a nursing home. She is in the nursing home now recovering from A-Fib, but after the allotted time, she will transition to a full time...
  13. jcamero

Altec VOTT bookshelf speaker build

Food for thought there. To be honest, they have been sitting it the garage on a bench so long I can't even remember what year I built them. I'm not a great woodworker, but I followed the prints the best I could, even not skimping on the internal bracing. I think a 12" woofer may not fit, but a...
  14. jcamero

Do you know Jack?

My Friend Jack, by THE SMOKE, and My Friend Jack, by Brownsville Station. Not the same song one is about LSD, the other is about Jack Daniels.
  15. jcamero

Altec VOTT bookshelf speaker build

I built a 1/2 scale pair years ago. Never quite finished them. I used 3x7 Realistic horns, and 8" woofers from salvaged JBL G300 speakers. I got crossovers from a pair of Norman Labs speakers. My issue is I need a pleated woofer, (the foam surrounds rub), and most likely will need to recap the...
Back
Top Bottom