Recent content by Jcricket

1. Jcricket

I have finally started a dream - the guitar

I have tried several times and failed. I managed about a year on my first go around. I just have too much shakes and arthritis. I have looked at keyboards many times too. I think I stick to what I play best. That would be my home built vacuum tube stereo amplifiers.
  2. Jcricket

Heads-up sale thread - EstateSales and such

no affiliation, wish I had room altec a-7.s in colorado $1000 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/768178704771392?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A83cd56b1-b058-4486-98fe-5efa270b2db7
  3. Jcricket

building the best bass mid cabinet/driver combo, help please

yep, looks very much like the jensen
  4. Jcricket

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: how do you tell or know?
  5. Jcricket

The are the standard version with the cts sq magnet woofers. I am extremely impressed with their performance. I bought these speakers thinking they had the jbl's in them, but they don't.
  6. Jcricket

I have decided to stay with a pair of 3x15 kustom pa speakers. With an active crossover, I use 1.7khz as the upper crossover point. These sound exceptionally good. Currently they are big and ugly. I ordered the walnut veneer this morning. Is anyone has a line on some very nice grill fabric, I...
  7. Jcricket

new to me, pair of citation 19 amplifier

Yesterday I had the good fortune to stumble onto a pair of harmon kardan citation 19 amplifier. )The price was right, free!!!! I was told they need repaired. Apparently, someone tried to "hot rod" these and failed. I have the factory service manual as well. They have yet been put the on the...
  8. Jcricket

Which “inexpensive” speakers were you blown away by?

I am not quite sure this fits, but here is my offering Dayton Audio PS95-8 3-1/2" Point Source Full Range Driver 8 Ohm I bought this to use in a two way system. xovered at 600hz first order butterworth and I was beyond impressed. Match this to you favorite woofer and you will an incredible...
  9. Jcricket

I am building a set of speakers. I am going to tri-amp these. I have horns for mids and highs. The mid horn can have an xover point as low as 400hz. I would like to crossover it at a little higher, maybe 500hz. I am looking to build the "bass/low mid box to compliment these horns. Since I am...
  10. Jcricket

pile of speakers, pro audio, what are those horns, value?

I didn't move quick enough, they are sold. He was asking $270 for the lot. Thanks for the input and help.
  11. Jcricket

What's your latest audio purchase?

last, Friday, I bout a pro audio gear rack. It is a 42 unit rack. height is a little over 7ft tall. It came with 6 shelves, one 6" deep sliding drawer, a laptop table and a dbx 1/4" patch block. This rack is Very heavy duty, probably 150+ pounds empty. My cost, $20. Great deal but my better...
  12. Jcricket

So what would be a good hi-fi use for those m80, if anything? Any idea on what this pile is worth? I am supposed to get another, better picture of the horns today
  13. Jcricket

hey folks, I have found a pile of pro audio speaker cabs and drivers. I am a scrounger and hoarder. It look like these are all in a state of disrepair. Can anyone give me an idea of what the large horns on the far right bottom of the stack, what are they?
  14. Jcricket

using Dayton RSS315HFA-8 subwoofer as bass driver in 3 way design, opinions please

I'll see if I can find him. thanks
Back
Top Bottom