Recent content by JDaniel

1. JDaniel

Senior Golf Clubs?

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying a new Driver for the first time in years. I've always played Callaway woods. But I recently tested out a Ping G425 vs my old Callaway on a launch monitor/analyzer. Hit them both straight but picked up like 27 more yards with the newer Ping. My...
  2. JDaniel

The official AK golf thread

Good news is I'm headed to tomorrow's practice round at the Masters. Bad news is there's about a 200% chance of rain/storms.
  3. JDaniel

Nascar on Dirt

Hey Mark. Yeah, I rarely post online anymore. But decided to stop in and have a drink. Good to see so many familiar names still around.
  4. JDaniel

Nascar on Dirt

Year, we went to that game. It was a fun "event", but was terrible as a football venue. I wouldn't go again if they had a rematch there. And getting out after the game was a nightmare - took 2+ hours. They weren't as organized as when they host races.
  5. JDaniel

Nascar on Dirt

Bristol Race on Dirt is 2 months away. My brothers and I do 3 Nascar races per year, and Bristol is one of them. We have tickets to the Dirt Race and I can't wait. Should be a blast. I can't imagine the work to haul in that much dirt for one weekend. Here's an update on the process...
  6. JDaniel

Happy Birthday luvvinvinyl!

Better late than never. Happy Birthday old friend. The Master's is rolling around again soon!
  7. JDaniel

Saturday Tunes

Started out the day with the Lumineer's album on vinyl. Now I'm listening to Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog. Beth Orton ~ Comfort of Strangers is on deck.
  8. JDaniel

Musically Themed Crossword

Thought you guys might enjoy. Today's LA Times Sunday Crossword by Merle Reagle has a musical theme today (lots of bands/songs clues). It's free on-line and printable at LA Times. JD
  9. JDaniel

Any Lyle Lovett fans?

I'm a big fan - have been for a decade now. I have his entire collection, most on both CD and Vinyl. They guy is sincere, genuine, and is funny. And that shows up in his songwriting. I've seen him live, and he doesn't disappoint. If you want a "best you never heard of" album, pick up his...
  10. JDaniel

Cool Chet Atkins cover

Those are my favs also. Our on Ernie (luvvinvinyl) was kind enough to send them to me. I've since dubbed them from vinyl to cd for the car.
  11. JDaniel

Christian Contempary

Check out http://joshgarrels.com/ The album was a free download. Josh's album Love & War & the Sea in-between is a fantastic album. Very indie/singer-songwriter sounding. You'd never know this was a Christian album. It's one of my fav albums of the past year in any genre.
  12. JDaniel

Happy Birthday to opt80!

Here's to one of the 1st people I met on AK years ago. Have a fantastic birthday. Jeff
  13. JDaniel

Dire Straits- 'Love Over Gold'

I too think this album is superb. It, along with Brothers in Arms, find regular rotation on my TT. I'm not sure I'd classify this as Prog Rock, but it is difficult to classify Dire Straits. Usually a genre is represented by many, similar bands. There are few bands that compare in...
  14. JDaniel

Delbert & Glen

About 4 years ago I met another AKer, JWRags, at a Birmingham Record Show. We chatted about music over lunch, and I mentioned Delbert McClinton. JWRags was kind enough a few days later to mail me a promotional copy of Delbert & Glen from 1972 (Delbert McClinton and Glen Clark). Side One...
  15. JDaniel

Harp Attack!

I love the harp. Years back I did a Harpin' compilation cd with a friend of mine. It turned out quite nice. I just went and pulled it off the shelf. Here's the cover scan.
Back
Top Bottom