Recent content by Jeanluc

1. J

Telefunken 8in full rangers id

That was my initial suspicion as the owner mentioned they were pulled from a console whose model he doesn't recall. Given these are seldom if ever sealed, as it were, ob is likely the only option. How do you think would fare as candidates for an ob? I've got the wood for such but the cx21 cabs...
  2. J

Telefunken 8in full rangers id

These babies recently became available locally and am wondering if anyone can id them and possibly offer insight into their best use appropriateness. Im looking for drivers with a qts in the .6 range for some ported cabinets. Specifically some gutted dcm CX21 cabinets I found roadside. Thanks.
  3. J

Belles I Power amp toggle switch replacement

The clip is easily removed. You are correct that all is needed is a correctly speced switch that fits the existing hole. If all i find is significantly narrower I thought a spacer of some sort could be used to address the gap. Thanks for the digikey suggestion. In suggesting Home Depot I was...
  4. J

O Only Mexico and 320. No specs, ratings or manufacturer
  5. J

Thanks for the help Avionic
  6. J

Was Wasn't intending to be a smarta** with the toggle comment. Didn't reread my post before sending. Sorry
  7. J

I It is a BII. Could easily be recalling incorrectly about it doubling down into 4ohms. Info was from previous owner of 10 years ago. Sweet indeed, particularly as i got it for $1/w into 8ohms
  8. J

This pic may be more what you're requesting. That red wire w copper ends in previous pic is obviously my cheese ball temporary jumper
  9. J

Sorry there, somehow missed the initial pic request. Its the Belles II btw. As you can see, ideally the new toggle housing will be sized to fit into the existing clip so it doesn't become a whole deal.
  10. J

A To clarify, the toggle is a quite simple mechanism. The amp, a Belles I,is 50w into 8ohm(100 into 4) and calls for a 3ag slo blo fuse; the power cord is two prong. Those at Lowes and Parts Express look the same and cost nearly the same. Would a 10a/125vac of rating be sufficient. This is...
  11. J

I probably wasn't sufficiently clear in op. I managed to damage the simple toggle switch mechanism and just need to swap out the part. The original is as common looking and similar in size as that which you find at any hardware store. Something one would choose for a console pull tube amp...
  12. J

Got a Sweet little Belles I here and am in need of a new toggle switch. Having never performed the simple task previously, what sort of specs and component quality should I be considering? Will something with correct specs from Home Depot get the job done appropriately or is this a Mouser/Parts...
  13. J

Dcm cx21 enclosures for 6.5 in full ranger

Already pulled and tested-they're dead. Pulled some small tweeters from other an mini monitor as a replacement and didn't really like that solution. Prefer the cx17s to both cx21s & 27s. Better balanced.... the extra bass detracted too much from the mids. I've encountered others online who...
  14. J

Dcm cx21 enclosures for 6.5 in full ranger

Found a pair of discarded DCM cx-21 speakers w blown tweets. Already have a pair of cx-17 and Time Window 1a DCMs so not looking for more of the same My thought was possibly repurposing the cabinets for some 6.5 in full range drivers. I have a subwoofer to put in play so not necessarily...
  15. J

Ward Airline 7868 SE Console Amp Hum

Gotcha on the diodes
Back
Top Bottom