Recent content by Jefferylu98

1. Jefferylu98

Pioneer sx 1280 power issue

Ok.. I finally received new parts for right channel. I reassembled the left side to get that back to square one. I went thru the post recommended to review. Wow… I am good with making new hold down straps in the garage no problem. New boards… not so much. Lol. Is there a way to reuse these...
  2. Jefferylu98

Can/should I put the left side back together??
  3. Jefferylu98

Ok cool. Is there some mods that have to be done to install new ones??
  4. Jefferylu98

Crap.. I should have asked you if I should order enough to do both sides??
  5. Jefferylu98

Parts on order / thank you. hopefully this will fix this old girl.
  6. Jefferylu98

Second set not good either.
  7. Jefferylu98

First set/ not looking good.
  8. Jefferylu98

Ok…. I pulled right side…. Grey NPN are both done I believe. Current both ways. Blue PNP seem fine.
  9. Jefferylu98

I pulled left side out. Seem to test fine on diode mode if I’m doing it correctly. Blue ones PNP/ grey ones NPN
  10. Jefferylu98

Ok/ I’ll pull them out/ should I pull both sides out??
  11. Jefferylu98

The trimmers are the blue square ones. All 4. Testing went as follows. Right side all read 0.7 or 0.8 ohms. Left side emitters were 1.0 ohms. Collector pins 10/16 went thru the roof. That doesn’t make me feel and better. Lol.
  12. Jefferylu98

What is the best way to test the big/ unobtainable transistors?? Thanks in advance.
  13. Jefferylu98

Thanks for the speedy reply. The unit had a mild recap several years ago and has run flawless till last week. 150 watt bulb in my dbt.
  14. Jefferylu98

Hope all is well with everybody. I have a pals 1280 on my bench with no power at all when switched on. I replaced the cement resistor in the soft start circuit and plugged into dim bulb tester. What do you know bright light on dbt. Did continuity test on soft start loop, all good there now...
  15. Jefferylu98

Pioneer sa-9100 amp blowing main fuse

Fiddling around with it, if I take the glass fuses out in the power supply board (A).. dim bulb tester is stable at a low glow. Instead of high flashing. I have the amp jumpers out already also.
Back
Top Bottom