Recent content by jeff's eight

1. jeff's eight

Succumbed to Weakness-VOTT

I now own two VOTT A-5 boxes and in am in need of the correct 15" woofers and compression drivers. Can anyone steer me in the direction of which models to use for best sound and where to look to buy them? Would like to have something akin to the photo when done. Thanks, Jeff
  2. jeff's eight

R2R or Chip?

So an R2R DAC will never have a chip in it, correct?
  3. jeff's eight

R2R or Chip?

Thanks to all I am learning a lot. Delta-Sigma is a DAC that has a chip. Multi-bit DACs are R2R . Correct?
  4. jeff's eight

R2R or Chip?

Concerning DACs, which one will produce better sound quality? Can an R2R dac have a chip? Under $5k price range please. Thanks!
  5. jeff's eight

Recommendation on an integrated tube amp for Altec Lansing Model 14.

Underwood Wally has a Black Ice on sale for $799 that should be perfect.
  6. jeff's eight

September 23rd, 2020 Standmount Shoot Out-Phoenix,AZ

Wednesday 7pm Faith Lutheran Church. 801 E. Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ Limited number of seats due to Social Distancing. RSVP Jeffkalina@cox.net. AZAVCLUB.com Models to be heard include: Joseph Audio Pulsar, Sonus Faber Electra Amator lll, Totem Acoustics New model, LSA Signature, and 2-3 others.
  7. jeff's eight

Free for All !!!

Anyone who cares to subscribe to our newsletter, AZAVCLUB.com is welcome. We have archives of weekly Zoom Interviews with people from Nelson Pass to Ted Smith. Be a part of the Friday evening Happy Hours at 7pm!!
  8. jeff's eight

Are you in the Phoenix area?

Are you in the Phoenix area?
  9. jeff's eight

6NS7 Preamp best suited to Pass labs XA25?

Glen, Thanks for the correction-yes the SN not NS. I had the CARY 120MKll S and moved to the Pass. Cary is musical and a consideration. Particularly the SLP 05. My experience with a defective Schitt unit was less than standup so I will not be going back to that company. The obnoxiously...
  10. jeff's eight

6NS7 Preamp best suited to Pass labs XA25?

Also want a remote. Any suggestions?? No Schitt Kit please.
  11. jeff's eight

Best amp for Older 15'' Tannoys?

New report. I listened to my music until 4am last night. The magic has begun.
  12. jeff's eight

Rogers LS7... whew! I like 'em.

one pic is worth...
  13. jeff's eight

Update. 1/2 way thru my 14 day trial period on a Pass XA25. It seems to take longer to break it in than the 14 day trial period. More to follow.
  14. jeff's eight

Thanks for the quick response. Your answer seems 100 percent on point. My speakers are FSMs built 1985-1990. I am not sure which model drivers I have. When the the woofer and dual concentric speaker are coupled together, it runs as a 2 way or 2.5 way rather than a 3 way. It also operates at 4...
  15. jeff's eight

Attention all clubs

If you are a member of an audiophile group please know there will be a special meeting at Axpona 2020. The purpose of which is to solicit suggestions and ideas for the formation of a national organization of audiophiles. Information will be emailed out soon to all the organizations listed in...
Back
Top Bottom