Recent content by jeffs11375

1. J

Ortofon 2M Black question

Thanks. That makes sense. From the beginning I had the sense that this was too much cartridge for this particular turntable. The Ortofon 2M Blue is on my short list for possible replacements along with the Audio Technica AT95E and the Shure M97XE.
  2. J

Thanks for the clarification
  3. J

This may be a dumb question but are the Expert Stylus ruby cantilever and JICO SAS stylus 2 different things?
  4. J

Have you heard it with the JICO SAS stylus? Supposedly using that stylus makes it even better.
  5. J

I read some great reviews of the Shure but I've also read some very negative ones.
  6. J

Thanks - when the time comes I will definitely look into these.
  7. J

I just returned the cartridge to Needle Doctor where they will test it and from their I will decide what to do. My inclination is to go for one of the other cartridges I mentioned above.
  8. J

Jeff from Queens, NYC

Thanks KDAC. I think I've passed by the hotel you are talking about - if I am not mistaken they might even advertise that they rent by the hour. So yeah, you probably couldn't have picked a worse place to stay. But I bet you did hear some interesting noises coming through the walls though LOL...
  9. J

What you say makes a lot of sense - thanks. I bought this cartridge, as well as the 2M Mono, from Needle Doctor and the salesperson I work with has been very helpful. I will ask him about this. Of course since my only other option is to go with something less complicated and therefore a lot...
  10. J

You're right Frank. The 'worse' part might be because I played a particular album - a Japanese pressing of "Beggar's Banquet" on blue vinyl that I got way back when and rarely - if ever - played. But after 15 hours of play, which I admit isn't a lot, I should start to hear at least a little...
  11. J

Thanks for your input. Trading it back will not be a problem. I will probably get something a lot more basic and entry-level - possibly an Ortofon 2M Blue or the Audio Technica AT95E.
  12. J

I printed out the Technics Baerwald Arc Protractor and checked. The mounting was perfect.
  13. J

Thanks. As best I can tell, yes. I've done some research as the cartridge seems to be sounding worse not better the more I play it and I have come to the conclusion that this is way too much cartridge for a fairly ordinary turntable.
  14. J

Thanks Chris. I'm still waiting for that WOW moment. It's funny though - I read a whole lot of reviews and the impression I got was that the black was more forgiving - which is why I bought it. I don't have a problem with the surface noise - even though many of my LPs that were pressed in the...
  15. J

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question on so if not please let me know where it belongs. I just bought an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge which I had professionally mounted on my Technics SL-220 turntable. I bought it based on the fabulous reviews I read. So far I have...
Back
Top Bottom