Recent content by jeffs79

1. jeffs79

RIP Terry DeWick

Sad news indeed.
  2. jeffs79

McIntosh C20 - can and should I bring it back from the dead?

Looking good, Ed! The top bar does only use 2 screws in opposite corners, or at least that's what I've seen on the few units I've encountered over the years. I've not seen the brown (masonite?) used around the knobs but have encountered a metal plate. Regardless, yours certainly belong there...
  3. jeffs79

McIntosh Audio Mixer MM-4 type b-106

I appreciate the story and the enthusiasm! Thank you for sharing & welcome to AK. -Jeff
  4. jeffs79

Where's c_dk? (RIP July 4, 2020)

Saddened to hear this. Wishing the best for Chris and his family.
  5. jeffs79

McIntosh 1900 Volume Control / On-Off Switch Replacement

There is a seller who is offering a variety of replacement controls that are not PEC on eBay. I've ordered, measured, & tested a few of these controls. Every one I've ordered mistracked at the low end of the volume. I'm guessing that they come in at 10% tolerance. One arrived with the shell...
  6. jeffs79

I'm not sure how to tell exactly what this equipment is..

I spy a pair of AR-11's to the right of the Advent's
  7. jeffs79

Mcntosh MC2205 driver transistor

Sorry for any confusion - I had meant to PM UncleBingo, so I deleted the post and sent him the info via PM. We are still in agreement the mj15024/25. I have a number of units that were tested extensively & are working great with no issues. I, like you, have only attempted to use these subs when...
  8. jeffs79

McIntosh C32 Knobs

PM sent
  9. jeffs79

MR78 Trimpots/Symptoms

I've run into two open bias pots and another failed trim pot in 3 different MR-78's just in the past 3-4 years. Regardless of the reason for the failure, from my experience it's evident that they can fail.
  10. jeffs79

McIntosh 9,300uF filter capacitors

I can't locate my last invoice for 2125 caps from McIntosh but I believe the 2120/2125 caps are around $40-60 each. I searched quite a bit back in 2015 and was unable to find anybody who stocks a suitable replacement. The size is just not that common anymore. The last batch I ordered from...
  11. jeffs79

MC-2500 restoration

There were a dozen or so smaller issues that had to be dealt with but once they were sorted out it went back together rather easily. After recapping and replacing some transistors everything checked out. Both channels exceed spec on my bench and it currently runs a pair of Acoustic Research...
  12. jeffs79

MC-2500 restoration

I was fortunate enough to run into a handful of parts over the wait period. Modutec manufactured meters for McIntosh and a box of them were picked up at a hamfest. These were used to rebuild the badly damaged stock meter. The key piece was a face plate. Luckily, a black face plate popped up on...
  13. jeffs79

MC-2500 restoration

Thought I'd share pics of my shipping damaged MC2500 "restoration". I learned of this unit here on AK when a member mentioned that they'd seen first hand what kind of damage could come from packing a 130lb amp in packing peanuts... I inquired about it and sure enough it was available - although...
  14. jeffs79

39,000uf caps capacitor lead spacing distance

The cap voltages are different for the 3 generations listed - 40V for the 2100 / 2105, 50V for the 2200/2205 & 60V for the 2250/2255. All require an insulated terminal collar. I believe all use the same lead spacing. McIntosh should have replacements for all of these, but if you're looking for...
  15. jeffs79

Early mcintosh id?

Hi Patrice! Indeed. I did get a laugh out of the coincidence.
Back
Top Bottom