Recent content by Jelloalien1

1. Jelloalien1

Going to some sort of shibata from Denon DL-110 elliptical?

For some other comparison, I rocked a nagaoka MP50 which was a fine line.......loved that cartridge. I would go back and forth with a denon DL110 often (as I’ve also really loved that cart too). The denon always sounded awesome but when I would go back to that nagaoka fine line it would always...
  2. Jelloalien1

Going to some sort of shibata from Denon DL-110 elliptical?

Great reply. I've had a shibata for the 681eee, Ortofon OM, and my current Shure V15V has a Shibata on it......and I’m always blown away by the detail retrieved and big ol” soundstage they provide. I do find setup is key, and some break in to let it settle down a bit.....just my experience...
  3. Jelloalien1

M91ED stylus

Yea, I’ve been through two price increases in not that long a span....just catching up to the Tonar/jico overseas market I suspect. (plus eBay fees and Canada’s love of our HST haha) I know you’re a big fan of the Swiss wares, but despite the comparable cost I’d still choose my Japanese over...
  4. Jelloalien1

M91ED stylus

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192039858053
  5. Jelloalien1

Trying to figure what I need to make my new cartridge work

What’s the turntable model? Could try looking up the service manual to see what Is supposed to be what...and then go from there. But it does look like a broken piece stuck in there. Doesn’t the screw come right off.....and you still cannot get that piece out?
  6. Jelloalien1

thorens td125mkii belt stretched

Ok.
  7. Jelloalien1

wow, you’re an angry person eh? And kinda out of line calling me a fraud....but that’s ok, you‘ve read my one whole post and I can tell you’ve pretty much figured me out. I don’t much feel like replying back to your remarks unfortunately as it’s doesn’t feel much like a regular conversation...
  8. Jelloalien1

What is my next cartridge?

Why not sell them all (or keep one or two) and use the funds to purchase a non-shure? Nothing wrong with shure at all, i find they can be a bit dull (although i currently have a shure V15V with a shibata that is super smooth and detailed). But you might fall in love with another brand
  9. Jelloalien1

I have a Thorens TD160 and have been using the Tonar belt i sell for a long time now and have never run into issues. I've no comparison over an OEM however.....the belt in mm is: C = 508.0 D = 161.8 T = 0.80 W = 4.00 Online it shows the 125mkii uses the same belt, and it actually lists both our...
  10. Jelloalien1

Sounds like a great match....

Sweet table!
  11. Jelloalien1

What is my next cartridge?

I've sold quite a few N91 Shibata;s now....was surprised when i sold the first as it's not a super high end cart or anything, but people got mad love for the m91ed. Every consider the Nagaoka line-up? The MP110 is not to pricey and is a solid and musical all-rounder.
  12. Jelloalien1

Stylus for Shure M91ED

I know Tonar doesn't get a lot of mention here, shame they don't have more of a AK presence, and although i am bias, they import very good quality items.....but they also source styli from Jico too (black dot included) - keep that in mind ya'll when price matching on the interweb ;)
  13. Jelloalien1

Nagaoka MP-110 a good cart for a Dual 1219? Updated 11/7/19

I thought the mp110 was medium compliant.... I stand corrected, if you do have a low mass arm, what he said. Might not be most ideal.
  14. Jelloalien1

Nagaoka MP-110 a good cart for a Dual 1219? Updated 11/7/19

A nagaoka should do fine with that arm. I probably wouldn’t put much into stylus upgrades on that cart, myself....rather try something different. If it’s sounding muddy it’s could be a worn stylus too. A replacement is cheap and would likely bring it back to life (maybe). The nagaoka is a bit...
  15. Jelloalien1

Need some help choosing between P Mount Carts and finding Stylus

To throw another in the hat, the AT311EP is a great offering as well
Back
Top Bottom