Recent content by Jere Tomko

1. J

MC 7200 Bridged or Bi Amp?

Sounds good. Amps in cabinet have 1.5" clearance on both sides and 1" clearance above amp. The back of the cabinet is vented and the panel can be removed completely if needed. So I have the minimum 8" high clearance in the owners manual and 17.5" wide compared to 17" in the manual.
  2. J

OH, and how about some freakin' pics Mr. I got two MC7200s!! Had to make a new TV stand out of aluminium plate so everything would fit. Now there is room to bring the Thorens TD 165 uhpstairs. Still waiting for McIntosh to cut the glass since one MC7200 has some bubbling. AC had the 8mm grub...
  3. J

OK more confusion. Vertical Bi Amp with Y RCA's or XLR's? Or feed from C37 Main and # 2 speaker outputs? So Main Output would be Right to right woofer and Left to left tweeter. And 2 would be Left to left woofer and Right to right tweeter? Seems like Y cable would be the cleanest with...
  4. J

Someone mentioned bridged load into 8 ohms in the manual. Need to spend more time learning about this. Glad to hear I can bridge 4 ohm speakers. Want to see if it makes a difference like going from MAC4100 to MC7200. Still thinking of a more sensitive speaker. Legacy Focus and some one who...
  5. J

Do not see many if any 8 ohm speakers out there. That is OK sounds great running in stereo. Plus a lot of speakers are not very sensitive. Liking Legacy Focus models but still looking.
  6. J

Only flashed Power Guard a few times and made a note not push it that hard. Looking at speakers now need to audition some.
  7. J

Thanks whoaru99 I thought the same thing. Manual should be here soon. Apachef1 thanks for the WTF are you thinking answer. Now I know I will need 8ohm speakers if bridging. Through circumstances I now have 2 MC7200's. Maybe I should just replace the MAC4100 in the shop and buy new shop...
  8. J

How to edit name

Change Tomo to Tomko
  9. J

How to edit name

Looking in profile to edit misspelled last name.
  10. J

Edit profile...how to do that???

Trying to edit misspelled name. Must be right in front of me.
  11. J

Great I am leaning towards bridging. Owners manual is coming with repaired amp.
  12. J

Using Monitor Audio PL100's. The switch from MAC4100 to MC7200 was a great improvement in bass. Getting 2nd MC7200 back tomorrow from AC and was going to bridge them to power my speakers. A friend mentioned it might be too many watts. So now wondering if I should Bi Amp? Which would sound best...
  13. J

McIntosh MC7200 Parts

Is there a way to PM them to you?
  14. J

McIntosh MC7200 Parts

Do you or anyone you know fix PCB's?
  15. J

Jere here with the MC7200 with the boards in need of repair. Sent pictures and have not heard...

Jere here with the MC7200 with the boards in need of repair. Sent pictures and have not heard from you. Did you get them? Repairable?
Back
Top Bottom