Recent content by JayPare

1. JayPare

Help me identifying this cartridge/stylus

Found another replica here with the same stylus color. Eurofunk EF 707 with SX50S that seems to be made by Sonovox. Also another interesting thread here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mystery-cartridge-vol-2.902818/ I'm posting all the information I find so help people that...
  2. JayPare

Damn that was fast! Ofc I want to replace the stylus. I read I could go with Excel S700XR from The Voice of Music. I'm happy to see it's at least an elleptical.
  3. JayPare

Hello people! I'm trying to identify this cartridge to replace the stylus. It was on a Technics SL-D2 but I'm almost 100% it's not the original cartridge. Most pictures are from an ad online, but mine is identical to it. I think it may be a replica from a Shure cartridge. BTW Audio-Reflex was a...
  4. JayPare

Need help with my Sears 28668 TT (no weight adjustment?)

Reviving this old thread. I'm trying to adjust the overhang on my 28668, but I'm not sure of I should align the tip of my stylus with the overhang checker with the cue lever up or down? I tried using overhang value provided in the manual (15mm) which is usually distance from the tip of the...
  5. JayPare

Sanyo 2016 Receiver odd noise on left ch. on shut down

@burnoil did you end up finding the root cause of this? I have the same issue on my 2016.
  6. JayPare

Do You Reinforce Your Ikea Record Rack?

Yeah I did the same with my old 2x4 one! But what I like with having a back like I did: it allows me to push the vinyls further and give me place to show case one in front of all the side of the other ones.
  7. JayPare

Do You Reinforce Your Ikea Record Rack?

Old thread, but I wanted to share what I did to reinforce my 5x5: 3/8 Plywood. Particle board screws Wood dowels for aligning it the plywood all around I will try to get a picture of the back!
  8. JayPare

LXI Series

Found that the same design was also used for Philips PA5110B.
  9. JayPare

Unknown Speakers

Reviving this old thread, I bought a pair of ED-10x a while back. I will add some pictures tomorrow! :)
  10. JayPare

Cone hole, can I refoam without replacing it?

Yeah I think a little like that too but since I'm in Canada shipping was higher plus exchange rate sucks real bad so that's what made me hesitating. But I got it anyway. Hope this thread will help someone who isn't lucky like me and don't find a replacement woofer in the furure. Precious steps...
  11. JayPare

Thanks for the input. The woofer on Ebay is a little over what I was inclined to pay to get them back to work but I will keep this in mind. I already send an email to Paradigm and waiting for an answer. I will also post to Bartertown to see if I'm lucky. Thanks again!
  12. JayPare

My conclusion was based on the fact that the damager woofer was outputting some clicking noise that the other one that only need refoam was not doing. Maybe it was only a coincidence. Thank you very much. The cone is in fact polypropylene but I will try to find something similar on a speaker...
  13. JayPare

That's the most probable answer I could think of. Never thought about it. Thank you. I'm a little concerned about adding to much weight to the cone as stated here. The missing weight due to the removed part of the cone is already affecting the woofer so I'm guessing it will be easy to add too...
  14. JayPare

I picked up a pair of Atom V2 for 20$ CAD on monday and I thought it was a steal but after hooking them up I was really disappointed with their sound. I also heard some weird noise coming from them so I decided to open them, and surprise, they need refoam. I've done refoam in the past and for...
  15. JayPare

Refoaming Paradigm Atom Bookshelf Speakers

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I picked up a pair of Atom V2 for 20$ CAD yesterday and I thought it was a steal but after hooking them up I was really disappointed with their sound. I also heard some weird noise coming from them so I decided to open them, and surprise, they need refoam. I've...
Back
Top Bottom