Recent content by JerryD99

1. J

MX100 & Samsung Q90 tv

Thanks for the heads up. Call McIntosh T/S and they said it need a firmware up to the latest firmware and that would fix the problem., but that the dealer would have to do the update. So I called the dealer and they are shipping me a replacement amp and paying for shipping. Thanks for you help.
  2. J

MX100 & Samsung Q90 tv

Hello Everyone I have a mx 135 using toslink from the A90 Samsung. This tv is about 3 years old. and has been doing great with the MX135. Today I replaced the mx135 with a mx100, but the audio from the tv cut out or has breaks in it. happens on anything come out of the arc or digital toslink...
  3. J

Yamaha RX-Z9

I no longer have the unit. It has been gone for about a year.
  4. J

Yamaha RX-Z9

If the magnets are missing that would be a problem. However I took mine to the shop and it took them about 1.5 hours to take it apart , fix and reassemble.
  5. J

Yamaha RX-Z9

You got to take the unit front panel off and re adjust the brackets hinges.
  6. J

should more tape loops be added to the next McIntosh pre amp?

Yes I would Like to see 3 Tape Loop....Please.......
  7. J

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Here is what I am using and it sounds very good. Small room but for now it is where thinks are. 2 McIntosh mc152, McIntosh Mc7106, McIntosh Processor Mx135, Yamaha music Server, Techniqes DL5 TT. Sony DVD changer, Apple 4K, Old Hitachi 50" TV, Speakers and Subs are Phase Tech PC series...
  8. J

Mac MC152 Amp

Thanks everyone for your input.
  9. J

Mac MC152 Amp

twiiii: Is there a difference in sound between the mc7106 and the 207, 206? Also does your 207 and 206 hum when you put your ear up to the amp? and yes I hear that some speakers sound better without the auto transformers.....I am running some phase tech PC series 3.1 and will be upgrading to...
  10. J

Mac MC152 Amp

I guess that is always a possibility that I misunderstood, but I don't think so.......Anyway this is what Chuck at McIntosh said.... Hi Jerry, The dealer is utterly and completely wrong. Chuck Hinton of McIntosh, Wadia, and Snell Tech Support That is so good to know, because I have...
  11. J

Mac MC152 Amp

One of the sales guys at AC.... I didn't understand either and when I said it has different taps and was told it does best at 8 and not a happy camper with anything else. Every review I have read, everybody like this amp. I am going to send Mcintosh a email and ask them also.
  12. J

Mac MC152 Amp

I also found out today that the MC152 is not a happy camper if it is not running 8 ohm load......Then what is the purpose of the auto transformers?
  13. J

Mac MC152 Amp

Hello everyone, Would like to get your opinion on the Mcintosh amp MC152. I have currently a Mcintosh MC7106 100 watt amp at 8 ohmns and it is enough power for now, but it has a problem with a hum that I have had in the shop for repair and the only think they think it is is the transformer...
  14. J

McIntosh MC7106 Question

Just got it packed up today and ship off....Thanks for in feedback....Yes you could hear it about 6 or7 feet away. Hope audio classics can fix it.
  15. J

McIntosh MC7106 Question

I have purchase 2 mc7106 amps. 1 is dead quite just the way I like it. The other with no input or speakers cables connected has a transformer hum. I do not know if it is coming through the speaker or not as I am waiting on cables to get here. Now you do have to be down with the amp to hear...
Back
Top Bottom