Recent content by Jesse3enne77

1. Jesse3enne77

Hi, I see you have a pair of Sunn Model 15s. I just bought a pair and am looking for specs...

Hi, I see you have a pair of Sunn Model 15s. I just bought a pair and am looking for specs, manual, schematics, etc. You have anything of the sort? Haven't unloaded mine yet but I'm excited to play with them. Any idea what they are rated for? Best, Jesse Bennett Wyalusing, WI
  2. Jesse3enne77

Outdoor speakers for Pioneer SX636

Hi all, I'm thinking about outdoor speakers to run off the B outputs of my fully-restored SX636. As its low wattage (25 per channel / 8 ohm), I'm assuming I should steer clear of higher wattage speakers? Any recommendations for models that would pair nicely? I listen to a very wide variety of...
  3. Jesse3enne77

DJ Cd Player for home use?

I use a Pioneer CDJ700s (circa 90's pro dj cd deck). I have one on my 2 channel music system (pioneer SX 636, pioneer PL560, Phase Technology Teatro 7.5VTDs) and also one for my 7.1 home theater. While I haven't A-B-ed it against other CD players, it is indistinguishable from lossless audio...
  4. Jesse3enne77

Pro pio cdj's. Good for home use?

I use a Pioneer CDJ700s (circa 90's pro dj cd deck). I have one on my 2 channel music system (pioneer SX 636, pioneer PL560, Phase Technology Teatro 7.5VTDs) and also one for my 7.1 home theater. While I haven't A-B-ed it against other CD players, it is indistinguishable from lossless audio...
  5. Jesse3enne77

Pretty cool - Pioneer CDJ-700S Professional CD Player

I also use a Pioneer CDJ700s on my 2 channel music system (pioneer SX 636, pioneer PL560, Phase Technology Teatro 7.5VTDs) and also one for my 7.1 home theater. While I haven't A-B-ed it against other CD players, it is indistinguishable from lossless audio files and sounds better than the PL-566...
  6. Jesse3enne77

Pioneer SX-636 mis-matched lamps

Hi all, I just got my SX-636 back from a complete restoration (which incidentally cost $500). It sounds great; really great! The only problem is with the lamps. The dial background appears a brilliant cool blue at one end and a paler blue-ish green at the other. Additionally, the tuning VU...
  7. Jesse3enne77

Cost effective but hi-fi way to play flacs and aiffs from pc wirelessly to vintage receiver?

Hi all, I'm a bit overwhelmed by this tech. I currently use a wired external soundcard to play lossless audio files from laptop on my home stereo system. I'd like to go wireless. As I understand it, Chromecast does this effectively for WAV and FLAC but won't play AIFF. What are my other...
  8. Jesse3enne77

Phase Technology Teatro 7.5 vs V12 for HT & music... or something else?

I just scored a pair of the Phase Tech Teatro 7.5 VDTs yesterday. $45 for the pair. Haven't hooked em up yet but other than two scuffs, they look mint. I'm currently having a Pioneer SX636 fully restored. Anyone have an opinion of how it will match with the Phase Techs? Oh, and while the $45...
  9. Jesse3enne77

Hi all, first post

I'm Jesse from SW Wisconsin. I grew up around dad's recording studio and home hi-fi. I'm music lover and DJ. My first decent hi-fi system was a Realistic STA77 receiver with Realistic MC1000 speakers mod-ed with crossovers and subs. If I only knew about restoration when it started failing...
Back
Top Bottom