Recent content by jetblack

1. jetblack

Hitler Gets Banned From All Jethro Tull Shows

This should be a wake-up call to the AK moderators. Hitler was the most reviled human of the 20th century. Millions of folks lost their lives because of this idiot. This video has been used for promoting Jethro Tull, to dividing by 0, to Texas A&M moving to the SEC, to incest........ it's...
  2. jetblack

Dual CS 607

Yeah, I was going to suggest 1.5 grams, but you're a step ahead of this geezer. :D Good combo with the DD, semi-auto, lack of dust, and Ortofon. I would contemplate a cartridge upgrade in the future, but for now, just enjoy the tunes. :music:
  3. jetblack

My first Mcintosh

Nice choice! Any Mac amp with blue meters gets my blue blood flowing. :music:
  4. jetblack

"Once upon a time..."

Plenty of planes and horsepower at that event. :thmbsp:
  5. jetblack

Happy 4th of July

Thank you, kind sir! And a belated happy Canada Day to you and yours.
  6. jetblack

1971 Plymouth Hemi

Hemi Cuda...........nothing else needs to be said about American Muscle Car Performance................ :D
  7. jetblack

Large record collection... worth my time?

The plus side is you're getting these disks at 30 cents a pop. The flip side is that you'll end up with a bunch of LPs to clean. :music:
  8. jetblack

School me on Dual Turntables

Some decisions to make on used Dual TTs: 1) How much $ do I want to spend? 2) Do I want a manual, semi-auto, or auto TT? 3) Do I want a direct-drive, belt-drive, or idler-drive TT? http://dual-reference.com/tableinx.htm
  9. jetblack

JBL L 100 Century madness on the bay!

As much as I like L100s, they're still used speakers...............
  10. jetblack

Secretariat and the Triple Crown

Secretariat at the Belmont.............that's one of those once-in-a-lifetime experiences. :yes: No need for a 40 min vid. This is all you need to know about the rest of the story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-KvaeuIIsw
  11. jetblack

Can you recommend some (real) instrumental country?

Good choice! Here's a sample of Doc & Earl at Doc's NC backyard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUzVUNJKiDc
  12. jetblack

Canton, Ohio newbie

The main thing is that you're back (into the hi-fi life)! Canton is a special place for an NFL fan. :yes:
  13. jetblack

So I'm getting into jazz....

For piano, try some Oscar Peterson, Gene Harris, Herbie Hancock, Count Basie. For guitar, try some Joe Pass, Kenny Burrell, Pat Metheny. They will all have different styles, so find the ones that interest you in their musical styles. Video of Oscar & Joe...
  14. jetblack

Little River Band

Great harmony with this band! Nuff said..... :music:
  15. jetblack

CORNBREAD love my cornbread

Start with the basics. Find a mill in your area, and buy some stone ground yellow cornmeal. Add some buttermilk. Add something sweet. It can be sugar, honey, coconut, etc. There have been plenty of ideas posted on this thread. Add something with a twist. It can be onions...
Back
Top Bottom