Recent content by jewing

1. jewing

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

I've been practicing and studying, but still pretty fresh. Thanks for the tips and advice, though. I have learned the value of a good tip on an iron! Huge difference, lol. Gotta take care of your tools...
  2. jewing

Right channel has lost some of the lower range. Heard it's likely a cap issue, but I've only just started getting acquainted with soldering and electronics so my confidence to tackle this is lacking. Still plays and does everything fine, except for something goofy with the loudness switch from...
  3. jewing

Perhaps I should say I don't know of anyone in town that I could trust it with, as of yet...
  4. jewing

Here's mine. A KA7100 stuck in a Pioneer box, lol, until I can find someone to throw some love at it. I don't trust anyone in town to touch it (springfield, MO), but wouldn't mind any suggestions....(I hear EchoWars is in K.C.)
  5. jewing

Gotta start somewhere...

Lol, that hot sauce is incredible (helps when you grew up on it). They can send it to you if you really need a fix, and here is a link: http://www.mexicanvilla.net/products.html (I am not affiliated, but even if I was I would push this stuff on everybody!)
  6. jewing

Gotta start somewhere...

Thanks Marine0811. Any clue as to why the Yamaha's may sound better? Is it just preference or is there something else you think that might make it work better for you and your system? Just curious and trying to figure out all the angles to this stuff, seems like there are so many ways and...
  7. jewing

LP cleaning for handicapped people

^Hopefully that last post of mine didn't break any advertisers rules or anything like that.
  8. jewing

LP cleaning for handicapped people

I have zero idea if these roller cleaner things are any good, so I am hoping someone will say what their experience is with them. Here is a link to them from a place in Canada: http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=1052&productId=23901&sku=INTHEGROOVE . Seems like...
  9. jewing

Gotta start somewhere...

I see you have a Kenny and a 1219 as well, good stuff! I listened to pretty much everything except for any classical stuff (although I would be tempted to get some if I had an idea of what a "classical's greatest hits" might be, just to give it a spin from time to time). I have a bit of older...
  10. jewing

Thanks from SGF MO!

Yes, another SGFer! A welcome from a fellow new AK member. I am digging all the great SGF references here, she must be at least as famous as Branson then...
  11. jewing

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

For the fellow newb who finds this....Here is my naked Muffsy. Works great, I hear no hums or interference, but that may be because of the quality left-over lumber she sits on (or the actual quality of the kit, I guess). Seriously though, I built this one because of the well laid out...
  12. jewing

Gotta start somewhere...

Couple pics, one of my current listenings setup with B&W's, Marantz's all in indistinguishable black, Monster HTS5100, Muffsy phono (unmodded, but still great) sans case parked on a piece of wood, connected to the refurbished Dual 1219. And, one of old Kenny, my favorite old amp in need of some...
  13. jewing

Gotta start somewhere...

Agreed! I have an older Phillips, cheap-Wally-World-but-hasn't-died-two-channel-thing-with-a-3-disc-changer that turned into a great shed/shop stereo, despite not ringing any "audiophile bells". She still plays and can sing loud enough to fill the yard so I am happy with that. This...
  14. jewing

Long time lurker, first time member

Most excellent, thanks!
  15. jewing

Long time lurker, first time member

Thanks for the tips, Sansushi. I'm in the same boat as you on wanting to find a good tech. Slowly teaching myself a bit of the electronics side of things so that hopefully I will be able to do some of the work myself. I will for sure check out barter town. Do you know who runs Barter Town? :D
Back
Top Bottom